I can't change even if I try

p. Tzila | Govt Estate Common Room | BD to Jan 17th

POSTED: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:43 am

Thread #2 for Scavenger Metier.

[ 360 ] » Hope ya don’t mind, but I was selfish and figured I could have Lithia doing background things while she speaks to Tzila and use it for her Metier - yes? Dated for Jan 17th. .

There were times when Lithia went out to the city to dismantle things, and there were times when she brought the horse cart instead and brought whole furniture pieces back to the estate to work on them from home. It wasn’t always fun sitting on a hard, dusty floor in a strange, cold place for hours on end. Sometimes she wanted to sit by a fire and work on piecing apart a table by the fire with a nice warm cup of tea.

Those nights she brought her work back with her were the nights she lit the fireplace in the Common Room, and moved the table and couches aside some to work by firelight. She found it much easier to work in the comfort of her own home - even though Bathurst was considered that, too. However, the storage rooms were not far and it didn’t require much of a trip to drop off the pieces before she could spend the rest of her night drinking at the bar or reading a book in her room.

Totem sat on one of the couches at first, the fire flickering in his already orange eyes. He remained there still and quiet until Lithia gave him an order.

”Here, take that and grab one of the chairs. Be gentle with them. We don’t want them to splinter anymore than they already might be. Work over there.” She nodded to the open space behind the couch. The white Wolf took one of the chairs carefully and settled on one of Sapient’s chairs with the wooden chair in his lap. With grunts and sighs, Lithia heard him begin to remove the legs from the chair and set them carefully on the wooden floor beside him.

Looking down at the shelf in her hands, she flipped it over to reveal its screws, simultaneously bumping and spilling her jar of screws. Shit! she hissed, and from the corner of her eye saw Totem pause and look up. ”Mind your business, Totem,” she snapped and began picking up the small items. The screws cast shadows that made them look like little beetles rocking back and forth in place.

then wear the gold hat, if that will move her
Sapient
Scio Parva
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts

POSTED: Mon May 15, 2017 11:56 pm

the devil has my ear today, he promised I would

find a little solace and some piece of mind

Tzila knew what it felt like to be haunted. She was haunted by the ghost of a man she couldn't save, and was familiar with the feeling. The chilling not-wind bristling her fur, the gazes that followed her and made her twitch, the weight on her shoulders that gave her splitting, mind-melting headaches. Those were some of the worst days, when she still was herself to some extent. There were days that it was just the guilt, the plaguing feeling of regret that wouldn't leave her sometimes, making her spin around hose memories like a whirlpool. That was troubling enough as it was, but now it was another face, another scenario that haunted her.

She couldn't shake off the memories of Eire and Axelle, from that emotionally exhausting meeting. Something about that set up had made Tzila uncomfortable, and not just that Eire didn't call Axelle as mother. Even if it was just because of how the young girl came to be, some way to distance herself, wouldn't mother have just, well, left her behind? Good omen that the girl survived or not, why would her mom keep her around like that if it hurt so much? Or if she just didn't care either way? Why train her at all, even? No, something was fishy there, and Axelle didn't become second-in-command in Anathema of all places by being shallow or transparent with her motives. Something else was at play, something hidden, and damn it if Tzila didn't want to learn what it was. For everyone's sakes.

The Napier had thought long and hard about it, doubly so in recent days when things finally settled down well enough for her to do so. But she didn't want to make a move yet without having a second opinion. She couldn't be too wrong about this, but meddling further without some help thinking it over left a sour taste in her tongue, the Domus knew well the value of an outside opinion. And who better to talk about her mother than her own sister?

That motive saw her waiting by a window in the second floor of the Estate, hoping to catch sight of Lithia returning from her scavenging trips. As if Tzila wouldn't take notice of her own sister's work to help keep maintain the storage supplied, or when the horse cart disappeared from the stables on Keir's word that Lithia had borrowed it. A fool, the Napier was not. So when she caught Macula squawking his signal that the cart was approaching, and indeed it was, she made her way to the corner she also knew Lithia to work at most often. Tzila found her sister and Totem working on some chairs, just in time to see her sister knock over a jar of screws. She huffed a laugh at her sister's temper. "How rude, sis. Is that any way to treat a fellow Sapient?" She asked with a teasing tone, coming easy despite her somber thoughts. "Hello Totem. Lithia." She greeted them both with a light wave as she approached, bending over to help pick some of the screws that had rolled a bit farther than the rest. "Good pickings today?"

WC: 550

Tzila Napier
Sapient
Domus Inter
Nina
Librarian I only procrastinate and yell at Kitty
NO DEATH
woman king

POSTED: Fri May 19, 2017 8:43 pm

[ 265 ] » ooc text here.

Lithia grumbled as she plucked the screws from the floor, one by one, as she ducked trying to catch the firelight at the right angle to see if she had missed any. There were a bunch of them scattered along the floor. As she stretched to scoop some of them towards her, a familiar flutter of footsteps and a scent that she could not mistake for anyone else entered the room and immediately Tzila knelt beside her. Totem had met eyes with the sister, but there was no inclination of a greeting from the male. The scowl upon Lithia’s face had not changed as she met eyes with her sister. She knew what Totem really was. He was no member, he was a slave and he would remain that way no matter his title in a pack.

”Hey sis,” Lithia said, her tone lightening just a bit. She had no reason to be mad at her sister, and she shouldn’t be mean to her. It was just that Lithia was a sourpuss every day. ”Thanks. Yeah, pretty good. I needed the warmth of the fire tonight, though. It’s cold out there. What brings you to our dark little center of the estate?” Even though it was like the main room where everyone gathered anyway, and Lithia knew that.

She cast her glance over her shoulder at Totem who had his nose down and was spinning the screwdriver intently trying to pluck out the little screws from the chair he had. He also had a jar over there to collect his bounty of little iron nails.

then wear the gold hat, if that will move her
Sapient
Scio Parva
Sammiie
Luperci Your poison taints my blood
hardest of hearts

POSTED: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:27 pm

the devil has my ear today, he promised I would

find a little solace and some piece of mind

Tzila didn't miss that Totem failed to respond to her greeting, but she didn't mind, not everyone was good with words, especially someone who spent most of their lives as a slave. She didn't mind, but she was more interested that Lithia didn't jump at her teasing. Oh well, at least she didn't sound as much of the sourbell she usually did when she did reply Tzila's greeting. Maybe working towards something improved her mood? Something worth investigating, she thought.

The mention of the cold made her tug the jacket tighter around herself, but the actual temperature had nothing to do with it. The chill in her spine was of a different sort. "Cold, yeah." Her voice was distant for a second, eyes straying to the warm flames, reminding her of a certain set of red eyes and all that came with them. "Actually, I wanted to talk to you." She said, the somber finally tinting her voice, hinting the subject was anything but easy to talk about. "I saw mom again. A while ago." She said, waiting to see what kind of response she might get from that, though considering what she knew about Lithia, it might not be as shaking as it had been for her. And then she dropped the other shoe. "And our little sister."

WC: 233

Tzila Napier
Sapient
Domus Inter
Nina
Librarian I only procrastinate and yell at Kitty
NO DEATH
woman king

Sapient