A watched pot never boils.

[P; Antioch; D'Neville Mansion Kitchen]

POSTED: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:03 pm

444 Words

Cartier had healed as much as it was physically possible for him to heal but he still wasn't up to par. He still had trouble moving about and every once in a while, should he try to move and twist too swiftly, his ribs would ache. It wasn't enough to make him physically ill as it had before but it still managed to take his breath away. He had one of these moments when he tried to hunt in his Lupus form like he normally would. Whatever prey he went after made a quick escape from him. Eventually he was saved from this when a mangy raven dropped off a fat rabbit at his paws.

Being nice now Plagas? He asked the bird who taken to dropping off gifts for him and no longer pecking at him. Cartier sucked in a deep breath, preparing himself for the pain to come when he shifted. He squeezed his eyes shut but couldn't help crying out as his form elongated to allow him to stand upright. Though he couldn't manage that right away. He had to stay crouched on the ground as he regained his breath. The raven stared at him with his head cocked to the side. The bird cawed softly and hopped a few paces forwards, towards Cartier. The coyote had his claws dug deep into the defrosting earth and his head bowed. It took him a few minutes but he managed to calm his breathing enough to be able to stand up.

On his way up he grabbed the rabbit by the ears so that he wouldn't have to bend back down for it. Thanks. He said to the raven, feeling awkward about the change in their relationship. He wasn't used to the bird worrying over him. So you just go do what you do. He said when the bird continued to hop after him as he made his way back towards the mansion. The bird continued to follow for a bit longer. Go on now. Get. Cartier shooed the raven away and headed to the mansion, slipping in through the door that led to the kitchen.

Plagas wanted me to give this to you. He said once he saw his sister in the kitchen and held up the rabbit. The next thing he noticed were the few days old pups. Are these...? But he couldn't finish the question. Had Jehan gone to Versace again? Cartier hadn't been able to take care of his mate as of late, on more than one front, and so he worried that the mutt had gone to someone else to take care of his more physical of needs.

Cartier Inferni
fideli certa merces

Inferni
Tirones
Luperci Mate to Jehan Multiple Co-Ranks Level III Immunes
fire on the hillside
sinner

POSTED: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:16 pm

Yes, we had more, Antioch answered, shoving his way back into the room. He had been roped into helping his wife owing to the convenient absence of his older son. This had, much to his displeasure, forced him into taking on his two-legged form. Tall and feral looking, Antioch might have wandered in from a more primitive time. His lank, dark hair hung loosely around his face and shoulders – he looked positively wild next to his wife.

Oh Cartier, I thought you knew! Versace crooned, and hoisted her big arms so he could better see. The puppies were nestled against her chest, though having just nursed now in a content state of near-sleep. Things have been so busy with everything that's happened. This is Adina, she indicated the darker pup. And her brother Jethro.

Here give me that, the sable coyote grunted, and took the rabbit from his brother-in-law. He was carrying a bag that he deposited ceremoniously on the counter, and from this began producing other cooking-stuffs. To him, the whole process was an extraordinarily long amount of time to be spending on something edible when raw, and the things within were almost alien. Plants and jars of strange-smelling, greasy things.

One of these clinked loudly against another one, and Versace's pleasant expression disappeared.

Honey, she said in a voice that made Antioch's ears fold back. You should let me do that. She stood, and turned towards her brother. Cartier, would you mind helping us with them while I cook? Here, you sit and take Jethro, Versace insisted, and did not acquiesce until he had done so.

Antioch followed suit, taking his daughter in one large hand and nestling her into the crook of his other elbow. She squirmed briefly, then settled.

I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood
Inferni
Bellator II
Mel
Luperci Chief Mate to Versace Chaos Star
KARMA POLICE
(better keep your head)

POSTED: Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:57 pm

309 Words

Cartier looked up to Antioch when the male entered. It was so odd to see him on two legs. Cartier couldn't really remember seeing him as such too often. He got over the shock of the foreign sight when Antioch answered him and Versace confirmed it. He shook his head and stared at the floor. He looked completely crestfallen as he spoke quietly. Jehan hadn't mentioned anything to me. I didn't know he was even trying.

He swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat and looked up when the pups were introduced. They're cute. He said mainly because he felt that he had to say something, though that didn't make it any less true. The rabbit was handed over when Antioch demanded it from him. It's not much. I failed when I went out and tried. Though he left out the part where he had spent a great chunk of time curled up on the ground and fighting off the waves of pain and nausea the shift had caused due to his ribs.

He had thought to make up an excuse to leave but before he could come up with something plausible Versace had thrusted Jethro upon him. Cartier took a seat in a chair and placed the pup on his lap. His finger absently stroked along Jethro's spine. I suppose I can still do a decent job at pup sitting. A wry, self-deprecating smile wormed its way across his muzzle. You are just going to sit, aren't you Jethro? Can't keep up with you if you decide to run. He didn't really expect to receive an answer from the pup given his age. It was just his way of expressing a mocking scorn against himself and his condition. He had always been hard on himself but having been laid up with injuries had made it worse.

Cartier Inferni
fideli certa merces

Inferni
Tirones
Luperci Mate to Jehan Multiple Co-Ranks Level III Immunes
fire on the hillside
sinner

Inferni