but what is this, that I can't see?

POSTED: Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:56 am

my god is an all consuming fire

The sun shined down as the witch walked by the sea.

A breeze, just a kiss away from cold ruffled her dark fur as her long legs carried her along, and she closed her eyes and breathed deeply of the salty spray. Her cousin had gotten the stave for her, sweet Bellatrix who now seemed less put together and more barely keeping it from falling to pieces. She worried for the blonde but she did not know how to fix the wounds she had. Cuts, abrasions, illness, that she could fix but not an empty heart. Bane had begun to spend more time with the blacksmith, under the guise of wanting lessons to learn to fight.

If not for the noble dog, a madman would have killed her on the borders.

Rafael was a fine fellow, to be respected. She owed him a debt and planned to pay it though she was unsure how. The stave lessons were going better than she expected, truth be told. She had been raised to be a healer, not a fighter. But the witch had reach and strength, and it was working out well. She knew Bellatrix was not trying her hardest, but Bane had begun to give as many blows as she got. Gold-green eyes opened as she planted the bottom of the staff in the shore and looked out across the waters. Such sights did not exist on the Mountain of her birth, and sometimes she missed the soaring skies and towering pines. The waif doubted she would see such things again.

The waif was home, for better or worse.

| [wc — ??]
Last edited by Bane D'Angelo on Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Salsola
The Arbiter (NPC)
hilli
Luperci Curander, Boticario Mate to Basilaris tak

the night is dark
and full of terrors

POSTED: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:43 pm

The water drew her, as it drew many; she was not completely tied to it, as she was to her dreams, but sometimes she thought a siren's song sounded out from the ocean to all who had spiritual ears to hear it. That if you didn't hear at least a bit of a call from the ocean's lapping waves, you had to be deaf to the spiritual world altogether.

She saw Bane and her gaze shifted across the dark D'Angelo. A Warden now. She had risen even as Hel lingered as Confidant, which made the girl's gut curl with discomfort and agitation. That someone else was exceeding what she was doing. Especially when she knew she was the best. That she should be higher than anyone who had come in from outside... but she hadn't. Bane had risen. She hadn't done enough. She needed to do more.

"Good day, Warden." Hel called to the witch, walking along the bank with her gait easy and her body relaxed. Though her ears swayed back briefly in recognition of the other female's higher position within the pack. Even though in her heart, she begrudged Bane this, she didn't show it. Her face was schooled into politeness.
Salsola
The Arbiter (NPC)
Nine
Luperci

POSTED: Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:17 am

you will pray to the god that you've always denied

The girl was pretty as the shore.

The girl reminded her distinctly of the salty sea and its earthly end. Her body belonged near the sea, with her sandy pelt and those eyes, like the waves and the sun over them. A faint smile, lacking her normal nervousness crossed her black and white face and she thumped the end of her staff lightly against the ground. She knew the girl by reputation, not sight. "Greetings, Confidant." The stiffness of the greeting was strange. Calling one by rank - and having her own rank be worthwhile - seemed so strange. On the Mountain she had only been worthless, with no chance of more. Even being the handmaiden of the living God changed nothing. But the girl was kin, however distant.

The girl also bore that magic name - Eternity.

"You are...Hel, right? Artemisia's daughter?" The mother superseded the father, because Artemisia gave her that magic name though Bane did not know the depths of trough Artemisia had brought her family.

| [wc — ??]
Last edited by Bane D'Angelo on Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Salsola
The Arbiter (NPC)
hilli

the night is dark
and full of terrors

POSTED: Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:45 pm

Her ears twitched lightly as she considered the Warden, listening to the thump of the staff as it hit the ground a few times. Hel bobbed her head at the return greeting, finding some small measure of pride in her title. Not Family, not Associate, Confidant, a creature that stood above some and began the slow ascent to the top. As she had always intended to do since she was a very small child.

The association with her mother showed no outward reaction, but she felt her gut recoil at this claim that was no real claim at all. "Loki's daughter." she replied, not denying her mother's part in her bloodline but claiming the other parent as the one to whom she associated. "And you are Bane. I believe we met once, on the shores of the ocean, though it was long ago and when you first arrived." Hel replied with a thoughtful tip of her head, remembering that time only vaguely as it had not been a meeting of great import or imprint in her mind.

"Have you been away?" she asked. She didn't follow Bane's movements, so wasn't sure if the other had recently been on a mission or not. It seemed possible, though, given the way the other female was dressed.
Salsola
The Arbiter (NPC)
Nine
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:15 am

nothing satisfies me but your soul

Loki was a sprightly, strange fellow. He had magic in every movement, and he blurred the line between man and woman in a way that fascinated her. She had met him only briefly, but she aspired to get to know him better. It would be beneficial to her status after all, and she wanted to rise quickly. She flashed an apologetic grin, having barely remembered meeting the girl before. Bane made her mark as a healer, but she knew of no skills the girl owned in particular. She did not have something like cazador or curandera, and so she was unknown to Bane in that way.

The waif shook her dark head, her pale hair spilling about her shoulders as she gestured vaguely at the leathers she wore. "Away? No, no. My cousin, Bellatrix - she's the blacksmith - has been giving me some training in fighting, and this serves as some protection. I've always just learned healing, she says it would be good for me to learn to fight if I aspire to higher places in the pack." There was a rank and a purpose she had her gaze keenly focused on, but it would be a long ride. "Do you have a path your going towards?" Artemisia was more a scholar, and Loki a magic man. The girl, perhaps, aspired to be like them, or something entirely her own.

| [wc — ??]
Salsola
The Arbiter (NPC)
hilli

the night is dark
and full of terrors

POSTED: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:41 am

Hel wanted to completely remove Artemisia from being anything in her life, but that was impossible in a pack where she was intricately tied into the family lines of many of her packmates. Even Bane, who was a D'Angelo. They didn't know each other that well - barely at all, really - but they were nonetheless blood related. Salsola called to its own and brought them to the Thistle Kingdom.

She listened to the other female's explanation of why she was wearing the leathers and her eyes drifted over them to see how they had been crafted. Hel was no expert in the matter of leather working, but she was rather certain that the wolf who was blacksmith in Salsola would know best. So presumably it was decent enough to protect the healer that wanted to also be a warrior.

When asked about her own path, the Eternity girl didn't hesitate to respond. Her ambition was very real and she would not appear weak by answering without certainty. "Whatever our Boss requires of me. I have been training within the area of espionage and scouting, though if my aunt directs me elsewhere, I will do what is needed for the furthering of Salsola's cause." the young female replied. It was probably a safe answer, but also an honest one. Doing what the Boss wanted was the best way to move up within the ranks. Her aunt so far had not told her that she was needed elsewhere and so she continued doing what she wanted to do.

"What path do you seek?"
Salsola
The Arbiter (NPC)
Nine
Luperci

POSTED: Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:34 pm

you will pray to the god that you've always denied

Hel had that golden name and blood, it was hard not to envy her. Eternity, no name was spoken with more reverence among the thistles and weeds that made their kingdom. "I don't think I'd make a very good spy, I don't care much for leaving the packlands." Bane rarely ventured beyond the borders if she could help it. She knew Salsola, and there was comfort in the knowing and the familiar places. "Have you infiltrated another pack?" Bane knew that was part of the spy's purpose, and she couldn't help but be curious about an area where she was so poorly skilled.

The girl's question was met with a faint smile. "I aim for the Sanctus. As a healer, there is no better place for me."

| [wc — ??]
Salsola
The Arbiter (NPC)
hilli

the night is dark
and full of terrors

POSTED: Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:25 pm

It was good that not everyone wanted to be a spy. They couldn't all be roaming, looking for things to tell the Tigeress about the world outside of the pack's territory. Some had to tend to other things. "I feel most myself in the shadows, observing." she replied. Pretending to be someone she wasn't. Being unnoticed or noticed if she wished it. Learning and practicing her skills. Her heart beat faster at just the thought of being able to go on a mission soon. She would need to leave the pack lands soon to glean more knowledge and prove herself to her aunt.

"I have not yet." she said in reply. "I did discover that New Dawn was gone, though." Hel had gone there with the possibility of infiltrating - remember the strange green eyed boy she had met from that pack once - and had found nothing there at all.

Sanctus. Healer. These were good goals, too, and she knew someday she would have need of that type of assistance if she continued on the path she had taken. "What made you decide to be a healer?" she asked.
Salsola
The Arbiter (NPC)
Nine
Luperci

Dead Topics