I am afraid of disintegration

P. Acacia | Cobequid Foothills

POSTED: Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:11 pm

Several days came and went since Thyri had arrived back in 'Souls. Several days since she collected Merlin's donkey, Majestic Beast, from Krokar and several days since she reunited with Auguste. Several days since she heard of Vinátta's tragic events from Ascher. Several days since adding Miskunn to her growing grief and several days of still of travel.

They kept north of Halcyon Mountain, flanking the shoreline. Thyri was tortured by the faint, dissipating scents of Midnight Shores as they passed Prince Edward Island by and drove Baldr them all hard just to get away from it. Mag seemed the most stubborn, though whether because she associated the scent with feelings of home or because she was unhappy about the pace Thyri couldn't be sure.

Reblin didn't complain. Loping happily alongside the equines, he would divert away from them occasionally only to investigate a new odor ("I just saw the strangest looking animal ever, Thyri!" he would say about a seal) or satisfy his need to chase something ("I think that goat enjoyed being chased as much as I enjoyed chasing it!" he chirped after returning from chasing a wild goat). But as they approached the fire scarred, barren lands of the Eastern Realms, his demeanor became more subdued.

Thyri hadn't meant to take them so far east, remembering from when she had left Casa di Cavalieri that there was no chance of getting past the mountain range by hugging the shoreline south. Finding themselves in the Cobequid Foothills, Reblin looked around them with lowered ears. "What happened here?" he asked quietly, as though afraid of waking the dead. Thyri looked around her. Not even she had been in these territories before but she had heard stories. "A fire, I think," she replied and coaxed Baldr back in the direction they had come, intending to cross the mountains at the first opportunity they could find.

OOC: Thyri is in Optime, Reblin is running around in Lupus form. Let me know if this location doesn't work! <3

[WC — 321]

Don't leave this world to me

Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
Mandi
 Izrian: Sisters in Arms
trouble is a friend

POSTED: Wed Mar 08, 2017 4:40 pm

Word Count → 310 :: Location is perf <3 Cia randomly approaching like the all knowing, cocky kid he is.
Emboldened by his recent pursuits down the path of becoming a warrior of sorts, Acacia had taken to pushing his boundaries and comfort zones, heading further and further out from the packs borders each passing day, coming to learn more of the world outside of his birth pack, coming to meet more canines upon his travel and expand upon his knowledge of everything as a whole. It would be all too easy to stick to his families home, to live as his fathers had; content, but isolated from even the pack they lived among. It wasn't wrong, exactly, but it wasn't how he himself wanted to live.

Naive in his experiences with others, his eagerness showed. Smelling them on the wind, near to his location, a grin had spread across his maw, paws carrying him in the direction of the two strangers. Everyone kept droning on and on about how loners or those of others packs weren't to be trusted, weren't to be approached and weren't safe. Honestly, how did anyone ever make friends or connections if all they did was doubt and fear?

Certainly, his eye was upon the intel ranks of Cour des Miracles. Intel cannot be gained by hiding in his dads house. Plus, so far nothing bad had happened and he was quickly beginning to believe that all the warnings were exaggerated and unnecessary. Sighting the pair, a female in optime form and a male in lupus, his belief was only strengthened, because they didn't look dangerous or threatening.

“Hey there!”

Art by Remarin

Gotta play the hand we're dealt
in spite of all we thought we felt
Cour des Miracles
Lord
Kitty
Luperci Ranger Silver Scales & Silver Blood True to my name

POSTED: Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:38 pm

Atop her steed, with Majestic Beast ponied from the horn of Baldr's saddle, Thyri had to look down at where the voice had originated. The dark shape of a Luperci approached them, his posture appearing bold and carefree to the blonde woman who narrowed her eyes at him as he neared. She slowed Baldr to a stop and remained stationary and quiet, offering the stranger nothing more than a long, measured look. Baldr flicked his tail. Mag brayed softly.

It was Reblin who replied first, his ability to be patient and wait for her lead never a strength of his. "Hey!" he called back, lips peeled in a grin. His tongue rolled out and his tail was a waving flag above his back. Completely relaxed, the young Lupus started nearer to the stranger. "Do you live around here? I'm Reblin and that's–" Thyri's warning growl stopped him short. "Reblin," Thyri snapped and, after another moment's deliberation, dismounted from Baldr's back. "I can introduce myself." Her voice had softened.

She stepped up next to her companion, Baldr's reins in her hand, and looked carefully at the stranger. It was hard to tell his age but his scent was clear. "My name is Thyri Dawnbringer," she said, her tone clipped, authoritative. "What are you doing so far from your home?"

OOC: some assumptions with regards to his scent and such -- please let me know you'd like me to change anything. <3

[WC —225]

Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
Mandi
trouble is a friend

POSTED: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:56 pm

Word Count → 388 :: All good yo! Plan was to attempt some basic intel on packs, culture or personal stuff, correct?
With his greetings called, blue eyes strayed from the canines for a second, shifting over to the horse the pale female was mounted upon; a pretty thing, with unique colouring. Not like any he'd seen around Cour des Miracles as far as he could recall – unfortunately, he was all too familiar with horses, having been made to help around the stables more than a time or two by his father. The donkey, for he was sure that was what it was, was interesting, but the striking horse was what really held his attention. It was just that pretty, to his eyes at least. And he never found the beasts pretty; a pain in the backside was more like it.

Not that he had all that much time to contemplate the animals accompanying them, eyes returning to the purpose of his little detour after but a moments distraction. Out of the two, it was the male in lupus form that made the first move, taking the lead and responding with an easy looking grin; his body language seemed to be welcoming enough, encouraging a wider smile upon Acacia's maw as he mirrored the others posture and expression without conscious thought.

The smile wavered a little upon the pale female's frown and snapped words, dismounting and approaching now on foot; that, at least, made her a little less intimidating, given she wasn't looming over from horseback now. Didn't make her potentially less dangerous. Maybe, just maybe, there'd been some wisdom in the words that had been repeated to him time and time again. Thankfully it wasn't violence that followed, rather it was a name and a question.

“Acacia, nice to meet you both. And why wouldn't I be far from home?” he detested the implication he was a child, not to be trusted to leave the pack lands. He could shift and look after himself just fine; the fighting thing he was working out and the knowledge, well that was why he was here. To learn from others, expand what he knew by actually experiencing things for himself. Resting a hand upon his hip, a single nail tapped against the material of his trousers, head tilting to the side with youthful attitude and bravado.

Oh his dad would skin him alive if he ever found out about this.

Art by Remarin

Last edited by Acacia on Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cour des Miracles
Lord
Kitty

POSTED: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:23 pm

Thyri did not smile. She did not change her posture or soften her look or even offer an immediate response. She only studied the dark stranger before them with pale jade eyes and lips lightly pursed. Once upon a time she, too, had been a youth and the world was bright and wide and filled with adventures just waiting to be embarked upon. She felt old now, though she was only going on two and a half summers. Maybe it was just that the world lacked wonder for her any more. Maybe it had grown too dark for her to see the brightness in it. No, Thyri wasn't old. She was just jaded.

But she had never had the same unwitting naiveté and annoying good nature that her companion possessed.

Reblin waited for the Dawnbringer to respond for as long as he could stand it before the silence, combined with Thyri's measured stare, became too much for him to endure. Thyri's growl had convinced him to sit and shut his grinning maw but he opened it again with ease and let his pink tongue roll out again. His tail shifted from side to side then glanced impishly at Thyri, his eyes narrowed in mock suspicion. "Yeah, why wouldn't he be far from home? I mean, look at him! He looks like he can handle himself." Rebel swung his head around to Acacia again. "Wait, so where is home?"

Thyri blinked slowly, reminding herself why she ever brought the young Trillian along with her. Finally she responded. "Cour des Miracles," she replied, her eyes never leaving Acacia. Reblin's face dropped with surprise. "Coincidentally, that's where we're headed. You probably know my mother, Shiloh." She paused for dramatic effect. "My father is the King." And then, at long last, the pale Dawnbringer's features softened and she allowed a small smile to grace her lips. "Could you point us in the best direction through the mountain from here?"

OOC: Yup! Reblin could tell Acacia about some of the culture of Trillium Hollow or Thyri could tell him about her search for her missing friend? Or any other info you think they could provide Cia. c:

[WC — 333]

Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
Mandi
trouble is a friend

POSTED: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:26 pm

Word Count → 373 :: Out of Character text
Shoulders drooping a little, he relaxed as the male that accompanied the female jumped on in, defending his being there and seemingly much more friendly than his companion; part of him contemplated making a joke, doing or saying something to make her smile, the lack of which was making her seem all the more intimidating than she probably was. Weighing his options, he chose instead to focus upon the male, who was certainly much more approachable out of the two. Starting to reply to the question about his home, his teeth clicked together as he was cut off by the female.

“Yeah, Cour des Miracles,” he confirmed, head cocking to the side as he looked curiously at the female now, who had earned his full attention for knowing his pack. Oh he made no effort to hide his scent, his allegiance clear as day to those who knew how to identify it for what it stood for; this female clearly had some experience with the court, of which she was quick to provide before he could begging questioning.

Blooming royals, always name dropping, as if being related or knowing the King made them better. It was just his rotten luck that he'd meet one of the King's children out in the neutral lands, of all places.

“I've not met your mother, although I have met your father and sister, Abigail. As for the way, I can show you the path, rather than tell you. I'll be heading back that way anyway,” shrugging his shoulders, he told the lie with ease – it would be bad if it got back to the King that he hadn't gone out of his way to help his daughter, would it not? So he'd stop with his plans and show them the way; of course, that didn't mean all was wasted, for the male didn't seem to be related to the King, making him a fountain of information and interest.

“Where are you both from? I don't think I've ever seen you around the court, Thyri? How about you Reblin?” he inquired, eager to soak up the tales the had to share with him, about the Court, their lives and the places they had seen.

Art by Remarin

Cour des Miracles
Lord
Kitty

POSTED: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:40 am

Reblin was altogether mystified by this evolution of events. He didn't bother to hide his surprise when first his companion answered, and then the young stranger confirmed Thyri's statement. With his maw parted comically, Rebel looked from Thyri and then to Acacia. "How did you know where he was from?" he asked but almost immediately knew the answer to the question and didn't mind when his companion carried on without answering it. If she had family in Cour des Miracles, it stood to reason that she would recognize the pack's scent the same as he would recognize the scent of Viburnum on a stranger if they had come from his birth pack. Satisfied enough, the piebald wolfdog sat down and watched the pair converse.

From atop her steed's back, Thyri nodded down at the Courtier. "That would be much appreciated, Acacia," she replied, pressing her heels into Baldr's flanks to get him moving again. From behind him, Majestic Beast followed with a soft bray. "That's because I'm not from the Court. Vinátta is where I was born, the same as Abigail," she began, looking straight ahead. "I left Vinátta some time ago and have been traveling a while, outside of these territories. I met Reblin on my travels." Thyri did not want to get into the finer details of exactly why she was traveling, nor that she had once called Casa di Cavalieri home, and settled just on answering Acacia's question. But Reblin, of course, took to answering the youth's question with significantly more detail.

"Way far away from this place! Have you ever heard of Trillium Hollow? Or Viburnum? Viburnum's where I was born." He wagged his tail cheerfully as the padded alongside Acacia. "It's so different from all of this! Like, we don't have so many Luperci in Trillium Hollow as I've seen here. And I never saw a horse before I met Thyri." He grinned. "And all these different packs? Viburnum and Arconimbus are all Trillium Hollow has." While Reblin chattered happily away, Thyri felt, for once, thankful for his presence.

[WC — 360]

Cour des Miracles
Seigneur
Mandi
trouble is a friend

Eastern Realms