Let's sail in this sea of charms

p. Nyx | Fellmoor Swamp Area

POSTED: Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:41 pm

Prompt: Someone will accompany Axelle to search the swamps, even after the search party combed the area. Here, after a trail leads them to a pool of mud, they will think Itzal was swallowed by the earth. However, Axelle's companion will find another trail that leads away from the swamps, towards Yarmouth. The two follow it to Yarmouth, but turn up empty-handed as the scent trail ends there.

000 words. | Kept Nyx's part pretty vague bc I wasn't sure what assumptions to use soooo you just fill in her part :) Backdated to 10/5

When asking for someone to come with her to search the swamps, she hadn’t been expecting Nyx to volunteer. However, right now, she couldn’t complain. Nyx was an able-bodied warrior with hunting and tracking skills. She was the best person to bring along on a search. She knew which clues to look for and which details to pay attention to. And despite not wanting to be seen at this weak point, Nyx had seen Axelle at some pretty weak points.

The women met at the castle, and with their noses on high alert, they ventured into the swamps together. Axelle was not comfortable with being anywhere near this place… but she needed closure. She needed to know that Itzal did not fall victim to one of the quicksand pools here. While Itzal was smart, she didn’t think he knew anything about escaping quicksand. They never needed to worry about that in the mountains.

Axelle’s nose pointed down, inhaling all of the scents of the swamps, following the faintest trail of Itzal through the variety of trees and brush around them. The scent she currently followed was old, by a couple weeks, but there was no way to tell whether it had been before or after he disappeared, so she followed it anyway.

Template: Aso | Stock: Dawnthieves | Textures: Sirius-sdz
Loners
Wolf
Sammiie
Luperci A kiss with a fist is better than none
I WANT YOU
I WANT YOUR EYES
I WANT YOUR WORDS

POSTED: Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:17 am

(309) Sorry I forgot this was here for a bit ^^" let me know if you'd like me to change this in any way~ didn't want things to progress too quickly

Nyx, despite being of able body and high rank, felt the inescapable need in every fiber of her being to prove her worth. It might one day be her downfall, but for now she would do all she could for her pack. Itzal was missing, for weeks now, and the sub leader, Axelle, was distraught over the loss of her mate. She had the whole pack looking for him and had finally expressed a need for someone to go search the swamps with her personally.

It hadn't been too long since another search party had swept through the area in search of the missing man, and so the scent of Itzal had become a bit muddled along with the scents of the other Anathemans who'd been here, but Nyx was confident in her ability to follow the trail. Each time the pair of vibrantly furred canines passed a stream or small pond the trail diminished, nearly to the point where the Venator herself had a hard time distinguishing the direction it picked back up in, but she managed to every time.

The ground beneath the white females four paws was cold and muddy, littered with damp leaves that sunk into the muck beneath Nyx. She followed Itzal's trail, nose down, eyes up as she observed his path through the swamps, perhaps on a lone hunt for the deer and elk that normally roamed these parts.

Without warning, the suctioning mud beneath the pairs paws gave way to something more treacherous, something that longed to pull them in. The dark mixture beneath them was a death trap if you didn't know how to escape it. Nyx went completely still. She hadn't gone of the males trail! The scent was here! "D-don't move..." The white warrior said quietly to the two toned woman behind her, fear becoming thick on the air.

This: Sammiie | Stock: Dawnthieves | Textures: Sirius-sdz
Nyx
Anathema
Malphas Venator
Corie
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:58 pm

300+
WORDS

Sniffing the wet ground at the Sound made it hard to keep a determined outlook because every time Axelle thought she was on to something, a droplet of mud got sucked up her nose and made her sneeze, temporarily throwing her off track. Nyx didn’t seem to have this problem though, and Axelle thought again how much of a blessing it was to have Nyx by her side while she searched the swamps. Both females seemed to follow the same scent for a while, before splitting off in separate directions. Axelle’s trail led off, cut off and disappeared, while Nyx seemed to continue on into the Sound. Carefully, Axelle made her way back to her, avoiding the treacherous mud pools and keeping her nose alert at the same time.

She had been sniffing behind Nyx when there was a squelch and the younger woman froze. Axelle froze too when she heard the sound because she not only knew what that meant, but also the sight behind Nyx’s head was all too familiar. The antlers stuck up from the mud, dirtied and half-sunken from the last time she was there. Their new position in the surface could have meant that something disturbed the body from below… Flashes of her dream came to her mind: Itzal at the edge of this very pool, falling into it, drowning, and eventually pulling her in too. Fear of the mud just inches from her feet and the sound of moist dirt caused a frustrated whine to escape Axelle’s jaws. Nyx warned her not to move, but Axelle hadn’t been close enough to the softened mud.

”Don’t fight it,” she warned, and with a brave, quick movement, she took a few careful steps forward and with her bulkier Secui form, grabbed onto Nyx’s scruff and pulled her from the mud’s edge. She pulled her back enough to where Axelle originally stood, where the mud wasn’t soggy and the pool didn’t threaten to pull her in just yet.

”Sorry… It’s better that you don’t get too close to puddles.” she said, flicking her ears back. Visible tremors quaked through her body, rippled over her muscles and made her jaws chatter. The mud visibly frightened the warrior, and there was no way Nyx could know why.

Lowering her nose to the ground again, her tail began wag lightly and her tremors began to melt away with the scent of her mate. ”Did you find something?” she asked, lifting her head up, ears perked.

[Form: Optime | Date: --] It's all good! The pace is just fine too :D
This: Sammiie | Texture: Mercurycode
Loners
Wolf
Sammiie
I WANT YOU
I WANT YOUR EYES
I WANT YOUR WORDS

POSTED: Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:27 pm

(337) Ooc text here.

As the mud began to pool farther up along the young wolf-dogs legs, Nyx stilled her movements and began to lower onto her belly to try and crawl out at the surface, knowing that struggling was the worst thing she could do, but before the smaller female could move much at all she was grabbed by a set of teeth around the back of her neck, the young hunter freezing and letting herself be pulled free on instinct, slumping into the firm ground at the edge of the pool before Axelle's teeth released her scruff and Nyx looked up at the woman with admiration. She wasn't sure if she would have been able to do the same for the larger woman if the situation had been reversed. Even so, she didn't fail to notice the tremors running up and down the two toned sub leader as she gazed across the mud at the set of semi submerged antlers that Nyx had previously failed to notice.

"Th-Thank you..." The mud covered female murmured to the shaken sub-leader, pressing the tip of her nose into Axelle's shoulder for a moment as a reassuring gesture. Though her heart sank at the realization that the scent trail had lead straight into the pool of quicksand. She carefully made her way around it and her fears were recognized as she realized it did not pick up again on the other side. She glanced up at Axelle from the other end of the pool and swallowed hard. She was asked if she had found something. The female shook her head slightly. "No... I... it e-ends here..." She said, her voice cracking slightly with the weight of her worry as she began sniffing around frantically, pacing the area and searching for a new trail. Perhaps he'd gotten covered in the mud and it masked his scent. perhaps... Perhaps..

The white wolf dog let out a hopeless whimper, her ears pinning back against her skull as she feared facing Axelle again. She'd failed, hadn't she?

Stock by Trond Kristiansen
Nyx
Anathema
Malphas Venator
Corie
Luperci

POSTED: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:23 pm

WORDS

Axelle was pathetic. And even worse? She was scared. Scared for two reasons: the mud and the loss of her mate due to the mud. There were no clues and because of that, no possibilities. They all ended somewhere with Itzal.

Axelle tried to control her visible anxiety by tensing her muscles, but she could still feel the urge to quake, to tremble traveling underneath her bunched muscles. Nyx’s look of gratitude should have calmed her. It should have made her feel proud, even cocky; but she didn’t even notice it. She just nodded at the girl’s audible “thank you” and listened for the answer to her question.

Nyx’s answer wasn’t what she expected to hear.

”W-what?” she stuttered, looking frantically at the quicksand. Her heart leapt in her throat and Axelle began to panic.

Her dream had been prophetic then. It had shown her what had really happened. Itzal had been lost to this mud pool along with this fucking elk to rot (or be preserved) for eternity. Axelle looked around for a stick. She needed to find him. For the moment, she forgot about Nyx and didn’t even realize the forlorn expression on her face. Instead, Axelle went for the thinnest, longest tree branch she could find and tried to break from the tree with only her teeth.

It took a couple tries – a couple embarrassing wiggles, a couple broken claws to the tree bark, and a wet snap from a very alive branch itself. Trotting away with the tree’s arm like a prize, Axelle put it down near the pool and gripped the thickest part with her teeth. She plunged the farthest part down into the pool and used her teeth and paws to position it, drag it around and search blindly for Itzal in the pool.

[Form: -- | Date: --] Axelle's busy now lol.
Loners
Wolf
Sammiie
I WANT YOU
I WANT YOUR EYES
I WANT YOUR WORDS

POSTED: Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:58 pm

(000) Sorry this reply is uber short ;;

She couldn't have failed, he couldn't be in there, but he had to be somewhere, but where? The mud covered warrior snaked around, her nose down towards the mud and sniffing up every tree and shrub and bit of grass that may have brushed against him and caught some bit of scent. Anything! Nyx visibly flinched at the audible snap as Axelle managed to break the stick off of the tree she was fighting, glancing up only to see what had made the sound before she let her nose carry her further away from the pool, fanning a wider area as Axelle stood beside the pool fishing around in it with that stick.

It was a while before Nyx found anything at all. She smelled elk and deer around strongly, and saw their tracks but she was hunting for a different scent. It may have been minutes or an hour or two that she sniffed around, the small wolf-dog couldn't tell, she felt guilty for leaving the Atheed's side suddenly, but she smelled something faint. The light furred femme gave an excited bark, then a short howl as she called back to Axelle, letting her know where she was, and that she had to come quickly. She'd found it again, the black furred male's scent, leading north-west.

Nyx
Anathema
Malphas Venator
Corie
Luperci

POSTED: Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:38 am

WORDS

Her front arms, paws, and chest were stained with the thick muck. It was hard to maneuver the stick, but she was too tired, stressed, and weak to shift. She made it work by eventually gripping the stick with her semi-fingered paws further down the shaft and securing it with her teeth, while holding herself steady with her back legs. She may have stirring that mud pot for close to an hour when she heard a howl in the distance. It was Nyx and it was urgent.

Axelle’s eyes flicked to the spot where Nyx was standing when she began feeling around in the mud with the stick. She hadn’t even known she left in the first place. Axelle looked around herself, but saw nothing. Had she really become that lost in her task?

Anyway, the howl was urgent.

And she was satisfied with her lack of findings – he wasn’t there or at least in this one anyway. She released the thick branch from her jaws and pushed off of the top of it with her paws. The mucky bank came up to her ankles, but it didn’t threaten to suck her in like her dream. Stepping over the clumps, she made her way towards Nyx at a gallop, flicking small chunks of mud everywhere with the movements.

”You found it again?” she asked, clearly a little happier given the circumstances.

[Form: -- | Date: --] Ooc text here.
Loners
Wolf
Sammiie
I WANT YOU
I WANT YOUR EYES
I WANT YOUR WORDS

POSTED: Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:26 pm

(000) Ooc text here.

The short Lupus formed female paced restlessly back and forth around the tail end of this new trail that the snowy girl had picked up, waiting for Axelle to show up beside her. She howled again after a bit and gave a sigh of relief as the larger Atheed came loping out of the trees towards her. Nyx nodded hastily before she stuck her nose to the ground and sniffed. "Th-this is his scent, n-no doubt." The girl answered in reply to Axelle's question.

"C-come on, i-i-it even smells a-a bit fresher farther along." The female said almost happily, her white fur having caked down to her sides in mud as she'd been too preoccupied to shake it off before it dried onto her snowy form. She began to follow the scent to the northwest, the pair walking silently with their noses to the ground. It wasn't until the two females had been walking well into the dark hours of the day that Nyx begun to worry and she paused and looked back at the two toned woman, apprehension in her eyes, though she chose not to say anything that might aggravate the stronger warrior.

Instead of asking questions about Itzal, Nyx flattened her ears a bit and spoke up, saying "I-It s-s-seems like n-night is falling. Sh-should we continue?" The female asked, looking around at the distinct lack of sunlight. "I-it might be wise t-to rest here but... I-I can continue a-as long as it t-takes, A-Atheed." Nyx offered, giving the woman a bow of her snowy head and waiting restlessly for her answer.

Last edited by Nyx on Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nyx
Anathema
Malphas Venator
Corie
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:13 pm

WORDS

It brightened Axelle’s mood to hear that Nyx was able to pick Itzal’s scent back up. Axelle followed the Venator eagerly as the smaller woman lowered her nose to the ground and began reading the scent. Both women’s coats were soaked through with caked mud. It tugged on Axelle’s fluffy fur, weighing it down, and the feeling was uncomfortable. Still, her discomforts never matched up to Itzal’s disappearance. She would wander to the edges of this Earth, uncomfortable, sick, injured – anything – just to find him.

When Nyx seemed hesitant to continue, Axelle’s mood darkened with the very suggestion that they should stop looking for him. Axelle lifted her tail irritated, ”Of course we should continue! We can’t stop now… One of our own is out there and we’re so close!” Axelle replied, urgency clear in her tone. Neither of them really knew how long this scent will lead them and to where – but Axelle would not give up yet. She needed some answers and she didn’t know whether this “answer” would be here and locatable tomorrow.

It was true: dusk was falling all around them, but the darkness was never an excuse to stop searching. If anything, they should have welcomed the darkness. While it wouldn’t exactly help them in seeing Itzal, it would help them hide from others.

[Form: -- | Date: --] Slightly sucky post >.> A couple more replies and we'll wrap this up? Feel free to narrate them reaching the city in your post if you'd like!
Loners
Wolf
Sammiie
I WANT YOU
I WANT YOUR EYES
I WANT YOUR WORDS

POSTED: Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:51 am

(404) Hope this is alright with you :3 had to come up with a logical explanation as to why they would end up losing the trail, also fixed the last post ^^

"O-of c-course, Axelle, f-forgive me." Nyx murmured apologetically, lowering her her ears and tail as her gaze left the two toned woman and she paced a few steps away, continuing to follow the scent of the lost male until everything the female's eyes could see was of a varying shade of black and dark grey. They kept going like this for hours upon hours, veering left and right from time to time but always continuing in the same general direction. There were no other scents accompanying the male's, and it seemed to Nyx as though he had a definite purpose in travelling this direction, away from Anathema and alone, though the ice pale female had more than enough mind to know to keep her mouth shut about that though with the aggravated Atheed following so intently behind her.

Before long, the sun was rising off to the right of them, cloaking Nyx's pale fur in a halo of gold, and turning Axelle's dark side silver and blue in it's waking rays, and the pair kept travelling in this manner, scarcely speaking to one another until it had reached their left side and shone brightly in Nyx's eyes. She squinted into the dying rays as suddenly something big and numerous came into view in the horizon. "B-buildings..." Was the only word that Nyx dared say as they approached this looming city that shone as a silhouette over them, shadowed by the setting sun behind it.

Nyx's legs were led and her pink tongue hung limply from her maw as they continued forwards, never leaving the trail even to drink as it lead them into the city. Much to the despair of Nyx, Itzal had moved into this hard, grey/black material that lined every single road within the city. Every turn and fork was all smooth stone, a material that scent couldn't stick to very well. The change in the strength of his scent was abrupt as the black wolf had stepped out of the tall grass and onto the road, and Nyx had a hard time following it, though not impossible as she continued inwards, moving slowly to sniff at the road every couple feet. The scent that clung to the smooth surface was faint, very faint, and as she concentrated, it was near impossible to hide the panic that she felt within her as the skies opened up, and it started to rain.

Stock by Trond Kristiansen
Nyx
Anathema
Malphas Venator
Corie
Luperci

Dead Topics