Posting New Threads

POSTED: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:18 pm

Hey, this sounds really silly, but I don't actually know how to post my own new threads.
I can reply to threads just fine, and I have several running, but I want to post a thread to the Open Threads and I don't know how.
Thanks in advance :)

Flower of Athens
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:22 pm

Hi! If I understand correctly, you would need to choose which territory you want to thread in and then click the "New Topic" button to start a new thread in that said territory. :) Then you would select an AW (All Welcome) option to open to one or AW+ (Multiples Welcome).

Hannah
Non-Luperci
Small in Size

POSTED: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:24 pm

I think all you have to do for your thread to appear on the open threads list is create a new topic in one of the IC forums and tag it with the AW or AW+ icon :)

Edit: Hannah beat me to it! Lol
Last edited by Eliza Cormier on Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ELIZACORMIER
Krokar
Navigator
Rat
Luperci Cook, Falconer, Herdsman Mate to Milos
MOTORMOUTH

POSTED: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:24 pm

Hey there Flower!

Not a silly question at all. :) Once you know which forum you'd like to post in (the neutral territories or a claimed pack territory) you just want to hit the 'New Topic' button which should be on your left hand side above topics. When posting something new, make sure to click one of the bubbles to fill AW or AW+ in the 'Topic Icon' section and then your new AW thread will automatically show up in the 'Open Threads' section of the board under the Neutral Territories or Pack Territories where your thread was posted.

Hope this helps!

EDIT: Got ghost posted, by Hannah and Rat, but basically everything they said too.
caught in the undertow

Krokar
Captain
X-tian
Maintenance Aide (I GOT THAT BROOM BROOM BROOM) Luperci Mate to Lucille Angler, Scavenger
GUILTY FILTHY SOUL

POSTED: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:29 pm

Great!! I get it now! Thanks so much for the help, guys! :)

Flower of Athens
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Sep 25, 2015 3:37 pm

Yay glad you got it :) And your question is not silly at all. Takes a while to get used to navigating the site and all it's snazzy links. Just incase in the future someone else has the same question - which I'm sure comes up for newer members often - I made a quick little demo:

My screen skin might look different than yours but basically for the example if you were posting in Northern Tides, you'd click there, New Topic, and then select your Topic Icon options.

Hannah
Non-Luperci
Small in Size

POSTED: Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:06 pm

Thanks so much for the demo!! It cleared everything up!

Flower of Athens
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:10 pm

hey, with regards to posting a new topic, i have a specific question. When u are trying to join a pack, where would you be posting a new thread, if for example, u wanted to join the sapient pack? I don't want to be in the wrong for trespassing, and don't know where the "edge of territory/wanting to join the pack" area is.
Alyx Wulf
Sapient
Novus
Raxiis Lycan
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:22 pm

You can just post in the relevant pack's forum and include in your post that your character hasn't crossed the borders into the pack lands :)
ABIGAILSADIRA
Cour des Miracles
Countess
Rat
Luperci

POSTED: Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:53 pm

'Allo, Raxiis! I'm one of Sapient's leaders :3 I noticed on your forum Joiner that you're actually looking at Sapient as a possible home for your character (:D fresh meat yay, new friends!)?

As Rat mentioned, you can just post in our actual pack's sub-forum! Just be sure to choose the Joining icon Image as your "Topic Icon" (listed right above the thread/"Topic Title" dialogue box) so that those of proper rank can greet your character, and so that leadership can find the thread easier and get ya' accepted faster if all works out! :3

As for our territory boundary lines, here's a close up of Sapient's territory: here; and here's how it looks in relation to the forum map: here! If you need more information about the areas, have a look at our territory description on the wiki, or, have a look-see at the forum descriptions of the areas in general: Northwestern areas, Southeastern areas (note, these also have the summaries of other areas in that "region" as well, so, you'll have to hunt of things like, "Gaspesia," specifically!).

This can all apply for the other packs too! Salsola is the only one, currently, that has a different joining procedure, but, as for the rest, it's basically you just post a Joiner thread in the appropriate pack sub-forum! As Rat said, just be sure to make it clear that your character hasn't actually crossed the boundary/pack territory lines in your thread somewhere (unless you just want the drama of your character being found trespassing xD)! :3

Hope this helps, and, happy posting!
Skana Creo
Avatar by San; Siggy Chibi by Alaine
Sapient
Sodalis
Songbird
Luperci Mate to Sully
DRIVE ON AND
DON'T LOOK BACK

Questions & Help