Question regarding tails

POSTED: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:55 am

I have a new character idea and she will be a dog hybrid. She might have a curled tail. When I was wiki stalking, I noticed that when Nivosus Moineau was in Optime form, he doesn't have a curly tail like he does in Lupus. And in some of his Lupus arts he doesn't have a curled tail while Kaoru Hideki has a curled tail in Optime as well as Orochi Kanshinjou Kenji. Is there a reason? Can tails become uncurled?

Edit:

What I'm asking:
Could a character have a curled tail that can become straight?
Last edited by Avinalora Phoenix on Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Avinalora

Anathema
Empusa Herbarius
Silverfrost
Luperci Venator, Praeceptor The pages of my story are torn and frayed Anathema's Top Poster for March!
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design

POSTED: Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:40 am

Re Niv; his tail is not a tightly curled one, but rather just a standard dogs tail that curves up, instead of down - the level of curl varies, depending on artist interpretation also. His only art that implies a tightly curled tail is his lupus pixel; due to lack of better fitting template, whilst all written content + other art conforms to this. :3

Whilst Kaoru and others no doubt probably have an actual tightly curled tail.
By the grace of the fire and the flames
YOU'RE THE FACE OF THE FUTURE, THE BLOOD IN MY VEINS
Sapient
Sagax
Kitty
Mate to Naenia Swindler Victimology
I'm just a snake
SO LAY ME DOWN
In the cold dark earth

POSTED: Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:57 am

The breed content difference between kenji and kaoru and nivosus is quite dramatic too. Kenji and kaoru are high content dog-wolfs while nivosus is a low content wolfdog.

What kitty says is right though there isnt a pixel that was made for the breed of dog that nivosus actually is so there was just the akita template used in lieu of that.

If i remember correctly too i am pretty sure that the pixel template themselves are still different between niv and kenji because i modded one for myself.

TILL VAN ULRICH
'Cause we were always alone, We were born in the hunter's season
All I really ever wanted was for you to die in the arms of someone
Avvie by Sunny<3, signature image by nijipie@FA, gifted to me by Sylvey-darling

Salsola
The Warden
J
Luperci Witch
WINTER IS COMING

POSTED: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:27 am

So can my character have a tail that curls but can go back to normal? As in it can be held curled, but if she wants to, she can make it straight.
Avinalora

Anathema
Empusa Herbarius
Silverfrost
Luperci Venator, Praeceptor The pages of my story are torn and frayed Anathema's Top Poster for March!
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design

POSTED: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:31 am

Huskies actually have that kind of tail where when they are excited it curls but when they are relaxed it hangs down straight so i dont see why not.

TILL VAN ULRICH
'Cause we were always alone, We were born in the hunter's season
All I really ever wanted was for you to die in the arms of someone
Avvie by Sunny<3, signature image by nijipie@FA, gifted to me by Sylvey-darling

Salsola
The Warden
J
Luperci Witch
WINTER IS COMING

POSTED: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:39 am

My real life Shih Tzus have curled tails naturally held over their backs, but their tails will droop and hang straight down when they're upset or uncertain about something. For them, at least, the range of movement is definitely there; it tends to indicate mood.

Sig Image by raze
Inferni
Aquila
Raze
'Souls Assemblage Luperci Multiple Co-ranks SoSuWriMo 2012 - 2017 Champion!
tatter-winged phoenix
cunning linguini

POSTED: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:59 am

Thanks for the help, guys!

Silverfrost
Luperci

Questions & Help