Luperci psychology?

POSTED: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:23 am

Would it be plausible for Luperci to be able to understand and possibly use the basics of this field? This area is one I want to be incredibly careful and respectful around as myself and others have experience with mental illness and I don't wish to have a character suddenly prescribing half of 'Souls with X disorder or Y. Not only is it distasteful, but it would be unrealistic for Luperci to have such advanced knowledge.

Now I've got that out of the way, lol. I'm aware not a lot of source material would be available, but is it possible for a canine to gather their own information on the subject (i.e. character was bullied and this later developed into a range of mental health issues such as low self-esteem, anxiety etc, and this character learns that others with similar backgrounds might also be feeling or displaying the same emotions, and begins to wonder if there is a pattern emerging.)

Any ideas?

Avatar by Rat, sig by J & table by Kiki <333
Vinátta
Hollr
Ketsuki
Luperci Adopted and Proud

POSTED: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:35 am

Sure! Luperci wouldn't necessarily know scientific terms for things such as these, but they could definitely recognize patterns in emotions and identify trends that arise from certain circumstances.
Sapient
Novus
Sunny
'Souls Assemblage
fighting dog of troy
reality doesn't change

POSTED: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:03 pm

In a way, seems quite logical to me, personally. One Luperci out of all the woofers would surely, as others focus on carpentry or other uncommon and time-consuming/skilled work, would take a shine to learning about psychology in some capacity, maybe a hobby or a serious profession, or a compulsion to do-so. If not reading the written books on it by humans, would spend time learning about his/her packmates, and seek to try and better understand what makes Luperci tick and rise above others, just as humans had done before whole books were written on the subject.

This would certainly be quite 'hunch' based if cold, logical facts are lacking, going from there onwards.

Dragontear

POSTED: Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:52 pm

In terms of these, the idea of "pseudo-science" comes to mind. While alchemy was a precursor to chemistry, it wasn't entirely scientifically accurate. A sort of "half-right" idea of psychology would be incredibly interesting to rp while excusing anything that might be wrong and not require you to become an expert on psychology, especially considering there might not be many books that are up to date on current psychology practices that Luperci could find.
COMMISSIONS ALWAYS OPEN! PM FOR QUESTIONS!
Loners
Wolf
(Online)
Titmouse
Luperci

POSTED: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:17 am

Luperci can certainly make observations and connect the dots in some fashion -- whether correctly or incorrectly would be up to you. After all, most Luperci would not have the benefit of being able to observe a large population over to note significant trends, nor would they be able to necessarily track individuals over long periods of time.

For example, a Luperci might observe a bullied pup grow up to have low self-esteem, but she might observe another bullied pup grow up to be a bully. We as players know that low self-esteem is definitely not mutually exclusive with bullying tenancies, but this is probably not readily obvious to a Luperci who has only observed a grand total of two bullied puppies.
ALAINEY DREW THIS
commission info

Upcoming Absence(s):
you know what here's the con schedule
'Souls Assemblage
King of Explodekills
Kiri
'Souls Assemblage

Questions & Help