cNPC Question Regarding Play

POSTED: Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:12 am

This is probably a very stupid question that could have waited until I wasn't somewhat tired to figure out xD

ANYWHO. I could have sworn I read somewhere in the past that if you had a cNPC (or maybe it was just an NPC in general?), other players could use your cNPC so long as they had your permission, even without your character actually being present in the thread? I wanted to confirm this?

Regarding usage, this was all I could find on the FAQ:
FAQ: NPCs Procedures wrote:Are we allowed to play or control our NPC companions?

Yes, although do note that your NPC may never appear in a post without your primary character present. For example, if your character has a crow companion, you can't make a post solely from that crow companion's point of view without your canine companion present. Back and forth perspectives, from one companion to another, are acceptable. NPC characters capable of speaking high speech may, of course, speak in your posts.

I just wanted to confirm that I read this right, and by "play" or "control," the rules only specify that the post cannot solely be done in the NPC's perspective.

Background: I created cannon fodder a cNPC to be used in one of the current major plots going on at the moment. However, my dilemma lies in that I did not sign up my character, Elias, in a plot thread that would lead to a logical cNPC death (for thread balance reasons). My other character, Skana, however, is involved in threads that would be more reasonable for a cNPC casualty to occur. Elias and Skana are both involved in the same plot.

I was wondering if I could use Elias' cNPC during one of Skana's more violent threads that would lead to a more likely casualty (versus a mere scouting mission, which is all that I signed Elias up for xD)?
Skana Creo
Avatar by San | Siggy Chibi by Alaine
Sapient
Novus
Songbird
Luperci Mate to Sully
DRIVE ON AND
DON'T LOOK BACK

POSTED: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:31 am

You are correct.

Wolf's NPC(s) (doesn't matter whether cNPC or yNPC or whatever) can appear in threads with Coyote even if Wolf isn't there, as long as Coyote's player has Wolf's players permission.

The quoted FAQ bit regarding cNPCs could be clarified to state that an NPC cannot appear in a post without a played character, since that would disqualify them as a non-player character.

For example, even if Coyote's player has Wolf's player's permission, Coyote's player cannot write a thread where Wolf's NPC appears without Coyote there.

Similarly, if Coyote and Wolf have a thread together, Wolf's player cannot write a post where only Wolf's NPC appears but Wolf does not.

So yeah, you can use Elias' cNPC in Skana's threads as long as Skana is there. :3
ALAINEY DREW THIS
commission info

Upcoming Absence(s):
you know what here's the con schedule
'Souls Assemblage
King of Explodekills
Kiri
'Souls Assemblage

POSTED: Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:35 am

Awesome! Thanks for the reply, Kiri! :3
Skana Creo
Avatar by San | Siggy Chibi by Alaine