Likelihood Questionnnn

POSTED: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:53 pm

How likely/possible would it be for a luperci to obtain something like cornmeal? or even figure out how to make it themselves? Does corn even exist in Souls? lol
Casa di Cavalieri
Lotta
Corie
Luperci
horsing around

POSTED: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:40 pm

A quick google search told me that corn DOES grow in the area, though how the character would learn how to make it / grow it is likely the harder question to answer. It's possible that they could have learned from a farmer NPC who either grew it in the south or if they traded for a (very very) valuable book on corn farming. As for making the cornmeal, that could have come by way of a trader that might either sell the cornmeal itself or it might even be included in book itself. It would be a difficult thing to learn, probably, but it's not at all unreasonable in my opinion c:
SILVANO SADIRA

avatar by Kitty & signature by Pabs
Cour des Miracles
King
Gen
Moderator Luperci Equites Mate to Shiloh
You'll know, you're never alone.
Knight Errant
Commander Shepard
R E N A G O N • S O U L
Literary Liar

POSTED: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:48 pm

Things to consider:
- I don't think any local 'Souls area Luperci are growing corn, but even if wild corn exists in the area, when are they in season/what's the availability?
- How efficiently can Luperci harvest corn? Where are they storing it?
- How are they grinding up the corn? Grindstones aren't very advanced tools, but they still require skill to create and grinding corn takes a lot of time.
- What would Luperci use cornmeal for/why would they want it/be interested? In the absence of some source specifically telling them to, why would they want to/think to grind up corn VS just using it as-is?
ALAINEY DREW THIS
commission info

Upcoming Absence(s):
you know what here's the con schedule
'Souls Assemblage
King of Explodekills
Kiri
'Souls Assemblage

POSTED: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:42 pm

Thanks guys ^^ I was reading up on native methods of preserving animal parts and the process I read about involved cornmeal but I'll keep looking into it
Casa di Cavalieri
Lotta
Corie
Luperci
horsing around

POSTED: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:08 pm

Hm if you're interested, you can always read up on the history of the Mi'kmaq! They're the one of the First Nations people in that area, so their preservation methods (etc) would give you a good idea on how you might be able to preserve meats/skins/etc in this specific area. #ApplyingMy5thGradeHistory!

Hero
Luperci

Questions & Help