Quick yNPC question

POSTED: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:55 pm

Do yNPCs have to be born to the character or can they be a pup that the character adopted?
I'm thinking that in the future, Avinalora finds an abandoned pup and adopts them as her own. Would I have to use puppy points for them?
Avinalora

Anathema
Empusa Herbarius
Silverfrost
Luperci Venator, Praeceptor The pages of my story are torn and frayed Anathema's Top Poster for March!
Somebody make me feel alive
The queen of a wretched design

POSTED: Sat Feb 25, 2017 9:17 pm

No puppy points would be required for a found puppy as it would would take up Avi's cNPC slot, rather than be a yNPC. It could not be picked up as an active character or advertised on the Open Character listing until it was an adult (7 months old).

yNPCs are puppies born as part of a requested litter through puppy points. These may be played at 2 months old.
Lucille
Krokar
Captain
Myst
Moderator Luperci Mate to August

POSTED: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:06 pm

All yNPCs are not puppies and not all puppies are yNPCs.

yNPCs are very specifically characters that have been born on-board following standard Procedures and using puppy points. They may retain yNPC status indefinitely, even into adulthood, as long as one or both of their parents are active.

Puppies that are not born via Procedures must be another designation of NPC, so cNPC, tNPC, pNPC puppies are all acceptable under the specific guidelines governing each of those NPC types.

As Myst mentions, "found" puppies must take up a character's cNPC slot and do not have the perks of a yNPC puppy (playable at a younger age; listable in Open Characters).
ALAINEY DREW THIS
commission info

Upcoming Absence(s):
you know what here's the con schedule
'Souls Assemblage
King of Explodekills
Kiri
'Souls Assemblage

Questions & Help