Eastern Realms comprises Halcyon Mountain and all lands northward, including the former Bleeding Souls territories, vacated after the 2008 wildfire. The old woods have since recovered and are once again rich and green, flourishing with new growth and abundant prey.
- Climate: The climate tends toward cool and wet. Heavy ice build-up in the northern gulf makes for cold winters, though summer can be enjoyably mild thanks to the western strait's warm water flow.
- Geography: Most of this region is well-above sea level; the terrain ranges from hilly to mountainous. The land has been irrevocably shaped by the 2008 wildfire; much of the terrain is still recovering. The shoreline is Atlantic; although the water is cold and the waves are strong, the shore lacks the bay coast's extreme tidal range.
- Demographics: This region was sparsely populated prior to the apocalypse. There is little sign of human occupation outside outside of Sydney. The mountains in particular were unpopulated, and the fire destroyed much evidence of human life further north.
- Fauna: Goats, bats, whitetail deer, various rodents, red foxes. Unique animals include the American Marten and the Hooded Seal.
- Flora: Halcyon Mountain's underbrush is dominated by Alpine Bilberry and Mountain Cranberry; the forest is mixed, consisting of both coniferous and deciduous trees. In the burned lands, the dominant tree species are paper birch and Quaking Aspen, both pioneer species tending to dominate post-wildfire, along with invasive English Oak. Roman Wormwood is another pioneer plant dominating the northernmost terrain.
- General Areas Information: Basic information about our setting and how to navigate the neutral territory forums.
- Areas @ 'Souls Wiki: The Wiki has various detailed information about the setting, including landmarks -- particular landforms, buildings, or other very small areas of note -- and past encounters in the area.
- Setting Questions? -- Check the FAQ!