The Northern Tides territories consist of mainland Canada west of the Isthmus of Chignecto, the land bridge connecting the peninsula to the mainland. The easternmost territories of New Brunswick are included in the Northern Tides region. Although it is a trek for many canines of the peninsula to come to this area, more and more have been traveling to Freetown and other parts unknown for trading and other purposes.
- Climate: Although the climate of New Brunswick is maritime like Nova Scotia, it shares more similarities with mainland Canada. Winters are longer and colder, frequently accumulating more snow than the peninsula. Although the Northern Tides region experiences foggy days, the skies are generally clearer on this side of the bay.
- Geography: The Northern Tides region rather mountainous, possessing various peaks of typical Appalachian size. Glacial valleys are commonplace, lush forests nestled within. The coast here is dominated by the Bay of Fundy and its extreme tides; unique features such as raised beaches and sea stacks are commonplace.
- Demographics: The southern third of New Brunswick along the coast was the most populous before the apocalypse. Much of the human evidence elsewhere has faded with time; small villages hunker in vast forests. Most north-central farmland has already lost its battle with the wild overgrowth; the land almost appears untouched by humanity.
- Prey: Abundant, with the exception of the hilliest and roughest terrain of high altitude, particularly north of Mount Oromocto.
- Fauna: Many creatures found in this area are similar to those found on Nova Scotia. Unique to New Brunswick, however, are the Long Tailed and Gaspé Shrews, Big Brown Bat, Rock Vole, as well as both the Northern and Southern Bog Lemming.
- Flora: The underbrush of the rockier terrain consists of Alpine Bilberry and Mountain Cranberry, along with the Northern Blueberry. Tree species found in the mixed forests include Eastern White Pine, Northern Red Oak, Balsam Fir, and Black Ash, among others.
- General Areas Information: Basic information about our setting and how to navigate the neutral territory forums.
- Areas @ 'Souls Wiki: The Wiki has various detailed information about the setting, including landmarks -- particular landforms, buildings, or other very small areas of note -- and past encounters in the area.
- Setting Questions? -- Check the FAQ!