'Souls IPB Archive (November 2007–October 2012)
And A Ember Is Lit, Within {J} - Printable Version

+- 'Souls IPB Archive (November 2007–October 2012) (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb)
+-- Forum: Dead IC (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Forum: Dead Joiners (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: And A Ember Is Lit, Within {J} (/showthread.php?tid=11895)

- Heidi - 08-17-2010

[html]

Character Name: Heidi

Character Birthdate: November 16th 2009

Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci

Species:
Canis lupus tundrarum (Alaskan Taundra Wolf) - 75%

Canis latrans thamnos (Northeasten Coyote) - 25%

A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M):
MSN- on my profile

Currently played characters: This is my first Character

How you found 'Souls: Google

Initial post:

Secui, the only form she trusted in these situations. It had been weeks since her last meal, and for some reason her little voice called for her to find another pack before she had a run in with another wolf, which would be just her luck. The last thing she needed was a fight, and frankly, she wanted some answers. Where am I? Have you seen my siblings? Can I shelter here? Can you tell me where I can find some food? – A couple of the many unanswered questions that mustered her mind. Approaching the borders she jogged as she got slightly closer, her elongated limbs lengthened her gait; appearing as if she was floating along the terrain. Reaching a line of mounted skulls, she raised erect, sniffing the air for scents of others before howling a submissive call to try and attract some attention, or even better; authority.

The light howl almost vibrated as a cooing sound, soothing, mother-like, but it had a disturbed twinge. She lowered onto all fours and scoped out her surroundings, pretty simplistic grasslands, and it provided good camouflage. Then she mentally planned an escape route, just in case things got hairy. By the looks of it, this pack was quite strong, and tactical; protective over territories, as their display cabinet showed, and something against wolves, the shapes of the skulls were too familiar. Eagerly her Coyote dish ears pricked forward, scanning for any sounds of incoming canines.

<style>
.heidi p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.heidi b {color:#f4f9f6; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #444444; }
.heidi {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#131416; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:405px; background-color:#b9b8b6; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... iTable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:125px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
[/html]

- Kaena Lykoi - 08-17-2010

[html]

Word Count :: 378

It had grown easier to move the past two weeks, and so the hybrid had been looping the borders once more, moving with painful slowness compared to her former pace. With her returning movement came her strength, and now one could hardly see her injuries—they were nearly scars, still fresh and pink and shiny, but nearly fully healed. As for her limp, well—she doubted she'd ever get rid of that. There was a heaviness in her right forepaw that would never leave her. At least she had escaped with her life, and at least the monster was dead—now would be the lull, now would be the years when a new monster sought to make his claim on the world, sinking his teeth into the innocent. By the time he was ready to reign, though, Kaena rather thought she would be dead and buried—this fall, she would see her eleventh birthday.

The sound of a soft call rather nearby drew the hybrid's attention; one gnawed ear and one whole one lifted up to catch the sound. It was a stranger's voice, the coyote knew—there was not so much as a note of familiarity in this howl. The coyote altered course, heading toward the sound with renewed energy and interest. Before long, she came upon a ghostly white figure, her eyes brilliant and striking green against the pale of her coat. Though it was clear the canine before her was wolfish, there was a clear hint of coyote in her as well. These subtle hints to the strangers' blood might have been missed by one with a less sharp eye than Kaena; the scarred hybrid was well-versed in the appearances of her own kind, the mixed bloods—she had seen enough of her grown children to generally be able to call a coyote when she saw one.

“Hello,” she said. “Looking for something?” the hybrid asked. Her voice was neither cold nor warm; rather, it was simply indifferent. She had seen this scenario a hundred thousand times, and she would see it perhaps a hundred more before she died—greeting newcomers at the border were simply one of the tasks she had grown accustomed to, and thus it was done with an almost robotic monotony.

<style>
.sie-blanktext {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size: 12px;
letter-spacing:.5px;
word-spacing:2px;
text-align: justify;
margin:0px 25px; }

.sie-blanktext .ooc {
font-style:italic;
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:12px; }

.sie-blanktext .divider {
border-bottom:1px dotted #000000;
margin-bottom:10px; }

.sie-blanktext p {
text-indent: 25px;
margin:0px;
padding:0px 5px; }

.sie-blanktext b {
letter-spacing:1px; }
</style>
[/html]

- Heidi - 08-18-2010

[html]

Scanning intently, she retracted her claws ploughing the earth gently. An un-rhythmic beat of footsteps and a silvery feral hue hybrid appeared out of the corner of her eye. She gazed in interest, the female looked battle worn, with a slight limp and a few fresh scars indicated she may have been in a brawl recently. The hybrid seemed interested, with a sort of eagerness in her step, as she met her gaze. A stunning gold eye pierced right through her, and as the hybrid drew closer, she began thinking of what to introduce herself with.
‘Hello’ the female greeted. Her tone was blank, emotionless, as if she had done this many a time before. ‘Looking for something?’ followed briefly. By the looks of things, this was hardly going to end up being confrontational, and she relaxed her posture, resting on her hinds, and gently bowed her crown towards the hybrid. This really wasn’t her thing at all, and you could probably tell.

“Hello” she replied, lifting her head back up. The tone was almost metallic, with the slightest hint of interest in her voice. “Yes I am actually” she paused for a slight smile, “I was wondering, to where I am, and in a matter of interest I am looking for a new pack. Im self sufficient, and would be able to offer you my skills at all times” she met her gaze. Although the hybrid only had one eye, her golden orb was incredibly mesmerising, like a gate way to the soul. The other female looked like authority, which was pleasing, and comforting in a way, she didn’t want to make the wrong first impression. She was often mistaken as a wolf, although she was part coyote none the less. She was very grateful for this, her agility from coyote blood had saved her tail in many occasions and she wouldn’t have it any other way, she was proud of being part coyote; it was part of her identity

<style>
.heidi p {margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; text-indent:25px; }
.heidi {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#131416; word-spacing:1px; line-height:13px; width:405px; background-color:#b9b8b6; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i732.photobucket.com/albums/ww32 ... iTable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding-bottom:125px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
[/html]

- Kaena Lykoi - 08-18-2010

[html]

Just wondering—in your original post, you mentioned her as being 75% wolf, 15% coyote—you did mean 25% coyote, right? ^^;; I just assumed because that'd only be 90% of a canine! XD I just wanted to make sure you didn't mean 85% wolf, 15% coyote, 'cause then Heidi couldn't join Inferni... :/

Though in truth this woman looked little like her Jael, the silver-shaded coyote could not help but draw the comparison; a wolfish and white-coated canine seeking to be amongst the coyotes. Kaena did not care much for percentages; what mattered to the scarred canine was the lifestyle chosen by the canine in question. Kaena herself was of muddled and mixed blood, but she had chosen the life of a coyote, and so she was a coyote. Had she lived amongst wolves, had she been able to stomach such a thing—well, she wouldn't be very much of a coyote then, would she?

There was subtle submission from this woman, and though the scarred Centurion did not demand such wolfish signs of respect, her own Canis lupus crowed at it, soaking up the pleasure and praise as if it were sunlight. “Well, there are a lot of wolf packs around here, but this is a coyote clan,” the coyote explained, her sharp golden eye looking toward the other canine. Her face was still motionless, carved from stone and chipped, gouged with age. “This is Inferni, I am Kaena Lykoi, the subleader of the clan,” she added, introducing herself and this place more formally. The pallid canine had already taken initiative and offered her skills and sufficiency; the hybrid woman noted this with a very faint smile. “What skills do you have?” she queried, the next logical step in the process.

<style>
.sie-blanktext {

.sie-blanktext .ooc {

.sie-blanktext p {

.sie-blanktext b {
</style>
[/html]

- Heidi - 08-19-2010

lol! That’s my type of mistake im afraid (I fail epicly, pretty much all of the time! XD). Yeah its meant to be 25% coyote XD I just c&p’d from my profile, only noticed it was wrong yesterday but forgot to edit it on here -.-‘ haha what a fail. And sorry it took so long to replyyy D:

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

Heidi’s orbs gave the elder complete eye contact, it looked like the hybrid wasn’t hinting for submission from her, but took it anyways, a good sign she hoped. Her eyes fell to the floor as the hybrid graced her with her words ‘Well, there are a lot of wolf packs around here, but this is a coyote clan.’ A flood of emotion ran through her, a strange sensation bubbling underneath her skin. She felt instantly safe; it was what she was looking for. ‘a lot of wolf packs’ echoed over and over in her head, a throttling feeling of revulsion and rage feasted on her succumbing to surrender. She hated all pure wolves, except one; her mother, she was possibly the most beautiful wolf she had ever seen, and also the scarcest. She missed her most, her calm soothing words and when she was enveloped in her pure ivory satin robe; she was shielded from the world.
But not from them… it was the wolves that separated them, a small child screaming desperately for her mother in a diminutive gloomy place, the rattling of chains, demons lurking in the dark. Bluntly she blocked out all memories about her childhood, the chest locked away once again. All it ever brought back was hurt, and the last thing she wanted to show in this situation was weakness. Heidi’s orbs fluttered for a moment, before regaining eye contact. ‘This is Inferni, I am Kaena Lykoi, the subleader of the clan’ before the female quizzed her ‘What skills do you have?’ Mentally she blocked up a small list of categorized professions. “Wolves…” she blatantly spat the words out, as if worthless trash thrown upon the ground “I would like not to be associated with such creatures; I’d rather burn in hell. Some, but a little few I can tolerate unfortunately.” The only time she would ever think lightly of a wolf was whilst tearing it apart, the intense feeling of power and supremacy conquering the senses. “As for my Skills, I am Heidi” she grinned triumphantly “Skilled Warrior both mounted and infantry, tactical Hunter and Martial Arts graduate, point me in the right direction, and let go of the leash.” she bowed her head again still slightly grinning. “I could train, too. I would try to the best of my ability” she hoped that maybe her words would earn her trust in this situation, with coyotes, she felt safe with them, a small warmth, and a memorabilia of a protective father figure perplexed her mind between the past and reality.

''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

wordcount-426

- Kaena Lykoi - 08-19-2010

[html]

Word Count :: 302 No problem at all! Big Grin I'm absolutely horrible with numbers myself, so I can see how such a mistake would be made, for sure! Also, no problem. XD A day isn't even a long time. <3 I'm going to accept you now so you can post elsewhere, but if you want to continue this thread a few more posts, I can have Kae explain bits of Inferni to Heidi. ^_^ Up to you! If not, we can always just wrap this one up here. Big Grin Welcome to 'Souls! <3

The silver-shaded coyote knew what a precarious position Inferni held. They had fought very hard for a long time for their recognition as a legitimate group—when the clan had first been founded, the wolves had flat-out refused to recognize their borders. Coyotes can't claim land like us, they said, strolling easily across Inferni's borders, onto Inferni's territory. Though now most of the other packs' alphas saw their leadership and territory legitimately, there were still individuals who believed the coyotes' claims to land, leadership, legitimacy were improper and false. Perhaps there always would be.

At the pallid woman's words, a toothy and soulless smile appeared on her scarred muzzle; in those words, she saw herself reflected a thousand times over. “Then you will fit in very well here,” the hybrid said, the ghost of that smile still lingering on her lips, though it had mostly disappaited by now. There was just one wolf good enough to run with them—the scarred woman had a very high opinion of Lucia Cabriel, and she understood what had transpired between the shadow-coated woman and Snake. “Well, I would say then there's no reason to let you slip away,” the hybrid responded. With herself mostly out of commission, the coyote clan could use as much extra muscle as they possibly could handle.

“Welcome to Inferni, then,” she said, beckoning the pale canine forward and onto the coyote clan's land for the first time. “For now, you'll have the rank of Tirones, which is subordinate. With your skills, though, you'll probably find it best to pursue the Bellum ranks—Equites, Hastati, Hydra, Triarii. They're all warrior ranks,” the coyote explained. She did not wish to innundate the woman with too much information at once, so here she paused, waiting for questions or comments from Inferni's newest member.

<style>
.sie-blanktext {

.sie-blanktext .ooc {

.sie-blanktext p {

.sie-blanktext b {
</style>
[/html]

- Kaena Lykoi - 08-19-2010

Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Related, or to seek out a Mentor.

- Heidi - 08-20-2010

[html]

yey, graduated Infernigan ftw! XD yeah we can wrap this up now Big Grin she just needs to find out where she stays really, and were the local produce are to be hunted :3 Wordcount- 392

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She hoped she had done enough, enough to earn her trust, to finally make something of herself. Placidly she bided for a answer, a sigh of relief passed her lips slowly as Kaena gracefully accepted her into the clan with open arms, the faint smile on her face reflected that maybe she had done enough, she hoped she was impressed. With an eager step she crossed the border line, in total confidence that this was her new home, a totally new feeling for her. She felt like a child again, the warm coyotes of Inferni taking her under their wing, blessing her as they did so. This was her home now, a fresh start, and she wouldn’t give it up easily. As promised, she would proudly protect her pack lands to the best of her ability, and the livid wolf hoped she could teach some of her techniques to some of the pack fighters, perhaps they had never been graced with martial arts techniques before.

Her eyes fell once again onto Kaena’s piercing golden orb and she bowed her head in the most graceful manner she held “Thank you, so much… you don’t know what this means to me” she softly spoke. “There are only three things I wish to ask, my sleeping quarters and where your hunting grounds are, and to what particular the beasts I may find there. Then I won’t pester you no more” she smiled faintly. She hated being in peoples way, and she really wanted to help her patrol, a lot. It was just she was so weak from scarce food resources on her long journey here, her last meal was about 3 weeks back, a mere bird, and even that was a hard task to accomplish. With no tools, she was useless with rodents and game, yet on her own she could bring down a mature buffalo or other species large herbivores and clear out half the carcass like a walk in the park. A simple plan mapped out in her head: Questions, Home, Hunt, Sleep, Duties. She hoped this didn’t take too long, but she was genuinely exhausted. The next challenge was the pack members she may have to share her home with. She just hoped they didn’t perceive her as a wolf as many did so many times before; she wasn’t afraid, just very anxious.

<style>
</style>
[/html]

- Kaena Lykoi - 08-25-2010

[html]

Word Count :: 480 Alright! Just so you know, you can have as many threads as you want. ^^ You can count your posts from this thread for the Inferni Game if you wanted to play. Big Grin If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. ^_^

The silvery coyote had no qualms accepting hybrids to their midsts. She herself was of mixed lines, too muddled and mixed up to ever clearly define just what was in her blood. Her mother was an easy and straightforward hybrid—mix coyote and dog, Delphine was the apparent result. On the other hand, her father was an unknown; though he had looked to be a gray wolf, with his coat a deep gray, almost black, he had always told Kaena he was a red wolf, and he did in fact have coyote blood within himself, too. His family had hybridized with coyotes and even gray wolves on occasion, from the days when red wolves were quite nearly extinct.

None of this was truly pertinent, however, as regardless of what she had running through her veins, she had chosen to live as a coyote. She had called herself such for many years now, and the silver-shaded woman knew very well what she was—coyote. The world had not let her forget it when she was young, and now she bore this Canis latrans badge with more snarling, vicious pride than even the world at large could have squeezed or beaten from her. There was no questioning it; she had chosen coyote over wolf, over dog. For that, she trusted those hybrid who claimed a part of their bloodline as dominant. It simply made sense to her—she was no more a wolf than Tayui or Naniko were a coyotes. “Well, you can stay wherever you'd like—the caves at the center of the territory and the mansion in the forest are where most sleep,” the coyote said. The Centurion herself preferred the caves, but she didn't have any stake in where Heidi decided to make her home—it was entirely up to the clan's newest Tirones to decide this.

“As for hunting—the Forest of Nod to the the south border and the Riparian Moors at the center of the territory are prime spots. There's also the north mountain, all along Halcyon—there are some prey animals there, I'd guess,” the hybrid said. She paused just a moment before continuing. “You'll find a lot of little things, raccoons and beavers, a lot of weasel-looking things. They're fast, but they're not bad. Sometimes we get deer, too, but not a lot bigger than that—moose might wander here now and again, but that's rare,” the coyote said. She felt this was the most she had spoken at once in months. Either way, such information needed to be passed along, and the coyote was glad that Heidi was seeking to settle herself in so well. “I'm heading to the caves. If you need me, that's where you'll find me,” the coyote said. Such a greeting was punctuated with a half-smile, and with that, the scarred Centurion started off, her pace easy and languid.

<style>
.sie-blanktext {

.sie-blanktext .ooc {