'Souls IPB Archive (November 2007–October 2012)
J - Wandering endlessly... - Printable Version

+- 'Souls IPB Archive (November 2007–October 2012) (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb)
+-- Forum: Dead IC (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Forum: Dead Joiners (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+--- Thread: J - Wandering endlessly... (/showthread.php?tid=16054)

- Vanessa Ami - 03-14-2011

Character Name:Vanessa Ami (Nessie for short)
Character Birthdate (including year): 2nd March 2010
Whether she is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Regular Wolf
Species: Eastern Wolf
Currently played characters: Only Vanessa Ami
How you found 'Souls: Google

Initial post:
'As long as I can find a place to hide. As long as I can find a place to hide...' All Vanessa could think of was a soft place to lie down and rest her worn out body for long enough to stand up after some time again and begin the search for another resting place. It was an endless circle of searching and running away again before anyone could find her. Just in case she'd crossed a border or something. Just in case she'd crossed some other wolf she wouldn't want to know and who'd have cruel intentions. Just in case...

Nessie had been cautious, she didn't approve breaking rules much, as it had been taught to her by her parents. Only the parents she had took some time to learn that principle, and they had ended up alone with their two pups Nessie and Kate. One day she was given the freedom to have fun with her sister away from her parents, not so long ago. A good day, it seemed. Nothing went wrong. Not with them at least. When she and her sister came back, they couldn't find their parents again. As if things weren't bad enough already, the two sisters fought over a silly thing. A resting place, like Nessie was searching alone now. She wondered if she would ever find her lost family again, and concluded that it would be hopeless to even try. The forest was too large and there were too many borders that could be crossed with dangerous consequences. No, she would not look for her lost family now. Maybe later, when desperacy would strike.

She kept dragging her feet onward, even though it seemed silly to keep looking for anything good. Maybe she would be fine sleeping in the open, if it wouldn't have been such a danger. It wasn't really cold to her, but she shivered once. It was probably the thought of having to sleep somewhere unprotected, which had caused that reaction. Her long, sand-colored fur moved evenly with the wind that whooshed through the tall grass she walked through. She had been staring into endless fields for too long and, at first, failed to recognise the tree that stood in the distance. Untill her bright blue eyes caught it growing bigger when it came more into her eyesight, and she let out a sigh of relief. She started running, even when she had little energy left, she had enough to want some cover badly. A forest was something she knew. She ran straight into it, untill she suddenly skidded to a halt when she caught a scent.

She took some steps backward, just for sure, and felt annoyance creep over her. Why coudn't this boundary just wait for a few hundred meters? She wanted a safe place, and she wanted it badly. But crossing another territory's boundary was the farthest thing from being safe, and she woudn't make it any harder on herself by crossing it. She would take the amount of forest she had to find the safe place she was looking for. She growled and howled a few times in annoyance that she had to find her sleeping place in a not too dense part of the forest, but she quit it when she realized it might attract attention... A fight was the last thing she was looking for now, all she wanted was some safety. And that was all she thought about when she fell finally fell asleep under large spruce.

- Saul Stormbringer - 03-14-2011

Do you want to keep your username as Nessie or would you like to change it to Vanessa Ami?

The night was young and clear, the clouds that usually hampered the beams of the moon absent. The silvered glow of the moonlight on the grass and bouncing off the rubble in Wolfville were both haunting and beautiful. The buildings had been old to start with but the snow storm had destroyed almost every building in the town. It was like a ghost town as the young Theta made his way through the town. He was on border duty tonight and had cut through the town on his way to Whisper Beach. Most who sought refuge in Dahlia's bossom came from over the mountains and approached the pack from the west. There was very rarely a loner seeking acceptance from the eastern borders, so the young Stormbringer headed towards the west instead.

He would not have been alerted to the furious howls and growls that just reached his ears if he had been any further away. They sounded exhausted to him and he wondered who it belonged to. Of course, both curiosity and duty dictated he answer howls at the border. Rolling his shoulders he took off, favouring his lupus form to both gain speed and arrive unthreatening. Most non-luperci found a standing wolf intimidating and Saul did not wish to appear as such. He entered the trees at a full on run, body weaving through the trees in an exhilarating slalom. He could smell the female before he could see her.

Sandy brown fur caught his eye and he slowed to a walk. Soft pant was almost unnoticeable as he moved out of the shadows and into a patch of silvery moonlight that lit the forest. Green eyes were a little guarded but his posture was open and friendly. There was no need to arrive at the borders looking aggressive. Tail flickered once back and forward before he moved forward and spoke. “Greetings. I am Saul Stormbringer, Theta of Dahlia de Mai. You are approaching our borders. How may I help you?” His voice was polite and gracious and he hoped he came off as friendly and welcoming. Hopefully she wouldn't be threatened too much.

- Vanessa Ami - 03-14-2011

I am fine with both, though maybe Vanessa does sound a little more, well, extended.

She had only just fallen asleep a little when a light crack of a twig awoke her from her resting and had her standing up in a split-second. A friendly-looking male wolf was standing some meters from me and she sighed in relief again. He didn't mean any harm, that looked clear enough to her. She analyzed his words and posture for a second, and thought of a reasonable enough answer to give him. She adjusted her own posture to a more relaxed one before speaking to him. "I am Vanessa Ami, but Nessie is enough. I was only looking for a safe place to sleep, I'm kind of lost. But you don't have to feel bothered by me! Sorry if I disturbed you when I howled." She quickly apologized to him in a wary, off-sounding hoarse voice.

She looked around to see that she was still on the right side of the boundary, not having crossed anything she shouldn't have. The wolf in front of her didn't look like a loner, like she probably did, and he wasn't. How would that be, pack life? A lot safer she reckoned.. "Would it be much of a problem to find a resting place across your borders?" Ashamed as she was of her question, borders should be there to mark where loners should not go, she still asked it. Somewhere deep down was the faint hope of joining this pack. One part of her wondered if that could be possible. Another part of her wondered if her sister had already come to find such a pack to join, or if she would still be alone. She waited for her answer absentmindedly.

- Saul Stormbringer - 03-14-2011

Okay, I will request the name change when she is accepted! Vanessa Ami or just Vanessa?

The female had been resting on the ground when he'd arrived and it was quite clear to the young male that she was at least a little startled by his appearance. He caught the leaping motion as she scrambled to her feet to face the enemy. Of course, Saul was far from anybodies enemy and it was clear on the females face that she had correctly interpreted his friendly attitude to this meeting. He was a little unsure whether the female would be joining Dahlia as she had not howled for an audience to be accepted. Still, he figured he would see how it went and see what the female could offer that might be worth extending an offer of a home.

Words escaped her and Saul allowed cinnamon-backed ears to swivel forward in the darkness to catch what she was saying. Nessie, an interesting name no doubt. Of course, his wasn't much better but he wasn't here to judge names. She then launched into a mixture of explanation and apology although her body posture remained relaxed, not submissive. Perhaps she would not be joining Dahlia after all. The young male gave a shake of his head, a small smile tugging the corners of his mouth upwards.

Its not a problem Nessie- you haven't crossed our borders and the forest is quite safe anyway. I can see you're not a threat to my pack. Why are you lost?

He asked, voice polite once more if not a little more in control of the situation. The young man had only recently been appointed Theta and he wasn't entirely sure on his capabiities. But he was going to try anyway. Green eyes watched as she looked a little sheepish for a moment before she asked a question. A little shocked, but the request was understandable- Dahlia was pretty safe, especially around these areas. He gave a soft nod of his head before speaking.

Though it is not custom to allow loners into our land, I do not feel as though you are a threat. You may stay in Dahlia's for tonight if you wish. Perhaps we could persuade you to stay on with us? Maybe join our ranks.

The male suggested with a delicate swish of his tail. Perhaps if he recruited her to Dahlia Conor would be pleased with him.

- Vanessa Ami - 03-15-2011

The kind male wolf who stood in front of her seemed to be enjoyed a little by her appearance, and she tried to give herself a less confused look on her face. He didn't seem to feel offended by her approaching their territory, a good thing for sure. His interest of some kind in what brought her here, lost and lonely, caught her by surprise. Telling life stories was not a particular conversation she had expected, so she would keep it firm and short.

"I was born in a loner family, so I had not much dignity in the first place. The only members of that pack, my parents and my sister, are lost as I am if not worse." Her voice was now more the usual sound, soft and feminine with a musical ring to it. A clear voice, that spoke with little hesitation as she told the briefest form of her story. Two sentences were enough for now.

The question that Saul had asked next was one that caught her off guard again, she did not expect it. Her bright blue eyes, vivid like water, focussed on a small patch of mossy vegetation that grew between her two front legs while she thought of the possibilities that joining a pack offered. One thing it provided that was sure to be at her advantage, was safety and comfort. A family of sorts, only bigger and not all actually related by bloodlines. That was an advantage she would surely enjoy. Something else that she now considered, was how you looked much more civilized when you had more social contacts as in a pack. It would just be nice to have some more wolves to talk to, instead of being lonely. Yes, it was a lot more comfortable to be in a pack, was the conclusion she made.

"I'm sorry for behaving so rude just now, I needed a second to think about the offer." She told him when she looked at his face again. "Wandering about for the length of time I did does not make me more civilized, I guess." She joked slightly, feeling a bit more at ease now that she had decided. The light danced in her blue eyes once as she spoke again. "But I know my answer now, I think I will join."

The corners of her mouth twitched up into a polite yet excited smile as she looked into Saul's eyes to wait for her approval.

- Saul Stormbringer - 03-16-2011

He didnt exactly know what to expect when he asked her where she came from. There was quite obviously a reason for her being here, all alone and with no place to stay. Either her parents were dead or they'd driven her out or they'd lost her. Or she'd lost them. It was most often that wolves who were separated from their familes for some reason or another sought another family stronghold to feel safe in once again. And the female in front of him was definitely looking for a safe place, even if it was just for the night. Memory cast him back to the two months he had spent on his own, trying desperately to find a place he deemed safe enough. More often than not he had slept in a bush or the exposed root of a large tree, eyes wide open for predators. He could not have felt more sorry for the little brown streaked animal in that moment. She spoke then and it was just as the timber male expected- lost and alone.

"I'm sorry you lost your family Nessie... I was lost once but I found Dahlia again."

He commented, hoping it didnt sound as though he was rubbing it in her face. He had found his family again, but maybe she never would? It was often the way of the world to leave the alone and test them to find a new place to live, a new family to fit in to. Saul often found Dahlia's extended members family to him and he would protect them with a fierceness that he often felt. His mind cast him an image of a white furred golden eyed female who had agreed to live with him and his heart flipped in an odd manner. Feeling a little disconcerted he didnt notice the silence after his question. As she spoke once more he gave a soft smile.

"Its not a problem Nessie. You want to join Dahlia eh? Well perhaps you would give me a few skills that might benefit Dahlia because of you?"

He asked, well aware that he was going to accept her regardless of what she knew. He had been accepted back into Dahlia, starving and pretty much useless. It was their job to help others and he knew that this female needed a lot of it. Still, it wouldnt hurt to ask, would it?

- Vanessa Ami - 03-18-2011

He had lost his family for a while too? At least he found them back. That was a reassuring thought, she wasn't the only one who had been lost once, and there was hope for her to find her lost ones back. Her sister was the most important part in that, she had always been very close to her practical and calm sister. How much she wished she could take all she said back, all those angry words that has seperated them for who knows how much time. Maybe it would be forever. It was the worst way of seperation she could have thought of, fighting until both of them went crazily annoyed with eachother and walked away in an angry silence. No, it was no way to get yourself seperated from your beloved family. She concluded in her thoughts.

She looked at him again when he asked her what skills she could add to the Dahlia, the pack she'd want to join now. It was not something she had thought about before, the skills she would have. She would be useless for as far as she'd known anyway. This frightened her, knowing that she was no good to them at any rate, she was nothing special at all. Her parents had never been any good to a pack either, would she have the same problems a they had? Nessie was no opportunist, she prefered to do things on her own strength. She had never been much of a fighter, she prefered to run away from brawls and battles that could make a turn for the worse. She had never been good at been organized either, like her sister was. All she had was her instinct to preserve herself and beloved ones above all, her extreme survival instinct. Everything to prevent her and the ones around her to be harmed. But no special knowledge or skills at all.

"I think I will disappoint you... I do not have special skills or knowledge, I'm cautious and I can protect. Nothing in particular for the rest. I'm sorry. She sighed when she realized that. Would it bother him much that she was practically useless?

- Saul Stormbringer - 03-19-2011

[html]
ooc;; woop, im not nehked anymore! <333

Of course, not everyone was expected to have a skill or a trade that benefited the pack. It would be near on impossible and would be rather cruel and impractical to turn away those that had no skill. For one reason or another, be that age or simple ignorance, they would have to be a small burden on the pack until they managed to learn how to hunt for themselves. It was the simple way that it went- like a new baby being born into the pack. They certainly werent expected to know how to look after themselves and therefore some allowances were made in these cases. He might be wrong, she might have been taught somthing before she got lost. But his gut feeling told him that she would have to be taught how to hunt and look after herself.

Cinnamon backed ears flashed back once before sitting alert atop his head once more. He had guessed right and he was fine with that. The friendly smile that has stayed on his lips throughout this meeting remained as it was, easily slicked onto his face. There was no reason for him to be disappointed- Dahlia was a healing pack and almost anyone was welcome within their borders. There were a few who would be turned away, but this female was both harmless and a blank slate. She would do well in Dahlia, Saul thought. He inclined his head softly, an acceptance of who she was and what she could, or could not, do.

"I am not disappointed Vanessa... Dahlia is a pack of healing and learning. If you decide to stay, perhaps we can teach you a few things?"

He offered with a gentle smile. Excitement grew however as he realised that this time he was not going to have to call Conor to finish the acceptance ceremony. Saul was high enough ranked to be able to do it himself. Settling his shoulders again, Saul squared his head and looked at the female who was fast going to become a pack mate. Tal swang once back and forward and Saul cleared his throat once before continuing.

"I offer you a place in Dahlia's ranks and accept you into this pack as a Subordinate. Welcome, Vanessa."

The ritualistic words had come from a recess deep in Saul's mind, although he was sure he had never heard Conor speak such words. But Saul was unique and he had his own way of dealing with this. With a shuffle he moved aside, no longer baring the females way. She was a pack member now and was well within her rights to cross the borders for a safe place to sleep at last.

word count;;
"speech"

[/html]

- Saul Stormbringer - 03-20-2011

[html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.

[/html]