'Souls IPB Archive (November 2007–October 2012)
in the dark of the night - Printable Version

+- 'Souls IPB Archive (November 2007–October 2012) (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb)
+-- Forum: Dead IC (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb/forumdisplay.php?fid=110)
+--- Forum: Dead Topics (https://soulsrpg.com/ipb/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+--- Thread: in the dark of the night (/showthread.php?tid=9523)

- Firefly Sadira - 01-22-2010

Firefly had begun her trek back through the dampwoods to the lands beyond. She knew that it was going to be a long a weary trip to her home but she knew that she would have all the time in the world to rest afterward. She flicked her ears back and forth, paranoid that the lackeys from Dahlia de Mai would find her this far out and finish what they started. She pinned her ears back as she paused to lap water from a stream, hoping that soon enough she would be nice and snug in her own blankets with this whole mess far behind her, or at least until she found out some new rumor or truth to what was going on in her old pack.

She sighed to herself and settled down to rest by the creek, glancing into the water, the pale moonlight from above showing her what she really looked like. The tattered edge of one ear, the gash across her cheekbone, and the scratches and scraps all along her muzzle and chin. She frowned at the face, not wanting to believe that it was herself but yet knowing the truth behind it all. She shuddered and laid her head down on her paws and just watched those emerald orbs watching her as she took the moment to gain her breath back.

- Kol Stormbringer - 01-22-2010

*nomnomnomnom*

[html]
Kol moved like silken shadow through the darkness of the night. Her wolf form was far more discreet and slippery than her war-ready half form, let alone her larger two-legged one. Her fur was absent of its normal silvery decorations, the only adornment she chose to keep on her were the small slave-type earring in her right ear and the redtailed hawk feather that dangled behind her left. Her violet eyes glittered in the faint moonlight, and her steps were soft and silent. Part of her felt she was betraying her pack, but the other part screamed at her that the whole idea of the war with Inferni this time around was wrong. In truth, Kol was beginning to doubt the legitimacy of the first war as well. She would never regret protecting her pack, and she would give her life to that end if the need arose this time, but she questioned very deeply the motives behind the first conflict.

The Dahlian's destination this night was somewhere near the borders of her pack's arch enemy. She sought Anselm, an influential Inferni male she'd grown to respect and even call friend. Doubtless he already knew of Haku's official declaration of war against the hybrid pack, but Kol wanted Anselm's own opinion. There had to be a way to solve everything without bloodshed; Kol was so damned tired of losing family and friends to senseless violence. Souls was now proving to be no better off than Solbjorg when it came to pack grudges and hatred, and the Stormbringer's amethyst eyes were weary with the weight of war.

It would seem, however, that fate had a different course in store for Kol this night. As she came upon a small clearing centered around a babbling creek, the crumpled form that stared into the running water had a slightly familiar look to it. Sticking to the shadows, Kol hesitated a bit, until the form itself and the scent that accompanied it finally registered in her mind. "Firefly? Is that you? What the hell happened?" The black shewolf knew the celtic woman was regarded by Haku as an enemy now, but Kol had never harbored the Sadira woman any ill will at all. She hadn't approved of what had happened with Firefly and her sons, but the logical part of her mind could even understand those actions.
[/html]

Firefly had been so absorbed in staring at her reflection that she'd done something stupid and had lowered her guard. The sound of paws on the ground and a well known voice caught her attention as she stumbled to her feet, her eyes wild a moment as she turned to stare at the Dahlian before her. She could feel her heckles bristling as she tried to gain control of her weary frame. A soft growl escaped her lips as she eyed the woman before spatting, "What do you care? Your own pack did this!" She knew she was being unfair, Anselm had thought that Kol would be a valuable ally in the war and she herself had never thought that Kol had harbored ill thoughts again her but after her last run in with the pack she wasn't so certain that any of their ranks were in their right minds anymore.

She shifted her weight to where she was on solid ground as she waited for the other woman to speak. She went against her better judgment and relaxed slightly as she grudgingly asked, "What are you doing out here?" Kol was awfully close to Inferni's lands and though she knew that the woman's views had changed slightly since the last war she knew the woman was still loyal to the pack. She wouldn't have put it past Haku to send her on a scouting mission to prove her loyalties if he'd found out she was well acquainted with Anselm. Firefly sighed and gave up on holding her ground as she just plopped back down on the forest floor, casting a distrusting glance towards Kol but figuring if she was here to kill her she wouldn't have spoken first.

- Kol Stormbringer - 01-22-2010

[html]
The fiery woman's reply caught the shadowy female off guard. The venom in her tone was one thing, but it was the words themselves that caused the shock in Kol's eyes. She didn't step back, not quite, but she did jump a bit at the outburst, stopping dead in her approach toward the other woman. "What?! Who the hell was it?! Why would they attack you? I know how Haku feels about you but..." The fact that some of her packmates could have left Firefly in such a state made the hackles along the black wolf's neck bristle. Months ago, Kol would have sworn there had to be some misunderstanding. But lately, she knew much, much better. Haku needed no excuse any longer to simply cast his pawns where he wished, to hurt whomever he chose.

As Firefly relaxed again, so too did her former packmate. Kol made no move to come closer, for it was clear that the Sadira wolf was in no mood for the company of a Dahlian. She merely pulled her haunches beneath her and sat where she'd stopped at the female's outburst: far enough to give her her space, but close enough that their voices would be kept low in the still of the night. Firefly's question caused Kol to ponder for awhile. Should she reveal her true intent to Firefly, who was no friend to Haku and may just as well make his subordinate's intentions known? Or should she stay quiet and make up some excuse? It was a gamble either way, but the woman's instincts told her that perhaps in this Firefly could be trusted. Packmother above knew the Stormbringer felt like she had no one else to truly turn to. Besides, Kol thought she detected the faintest scent of her Inferni friend on the woman's fiery pelt. "I was on my way to see someone, actually. I love Dahlia de Mai, and I would give my life to do what's best for them. Unfortunately, though I followed him unquestioningly through the last war, I no longer believe that Haku is the best person to lead the pack. Nor do I believe his very presence is healthy for them, to be honest. I've seen the grip of demons on those of my own blood, enough to recognize it in someone else. And Haku's been swallowed whole by his own, of that I'm sure." There, she'd said it. She hadn't voiced her complete thoughts on the subject to anyone before, and all Kol could do now was hope her traitorous words had been granted to the right wolf. She was dead if she was wrong.
[/html]

Firefly eyed the woman, noticing her shock at the words that Firefly had flung at her. So it seemed that the woman had not known of her fate, at least the bastard and bitch hadn’t thought it best to gloat the rest of the pack. Firefly was silent a moment as she listened to Kol’s outburst, feeling slightly sorry for snapping at her yet knowing that trust was a thin line anymore with those who had once been her pack mates. Her eyes narrowed as she growled softly. ”It was Tokyo and some sandy furred fellow with light blue eyes and a scar upon his haunch. I don’t recall if he mentioned a name.” She knew it had been stupid of her to insult Haku infront of the leader’s pack mates but it had annoyed her knowing how they followed after him so faithfully when the world knew what trouble he’d delivered. She glanced down at her paws as she admitted why they’d attacked her. ”I insulted Haku, and possibly Tokyo. I foolishly admitted I had to meet someone from Inferni..” She flinched, wondering if she went too far again as she rubbed the side of her face against a foreleg. The bitter memories welling up inside her as she shook with rage at the memories. ”They knew I was with pups but they attacked anyways.” It was more than obvious that she was no longer with child and she left it at that. If Kol couldn’t catch the understanding in her words then she didn’t need to explain it either.

She shifted as she watched, waiting to see if Kol would move closer, when she didn’t Firefly stayed put and turned her eyes back to the woman. She didn’t owe the woman anything and she didn’t think that Kol had anything to say to her but in a few moments it seemed that Kol had proved her wrong. Firefly couldn’t help but snort as Kol mentioned that she didn’t think Haku was right to lead the pack. Firefly shook her head and muttered. ”He was never right to lead the pack. I don’t know why Cercelee allowed it to begin with.” her ears folded back slightly against her head as she stared off towards the lands that had once been her home.

She sighed and let go of the past as she went on, realizing that Kol seemed to have still left a connection with Anselm. She narrowed her eyes slightly as she suggested the name. ”Anselm?” she asked before continuing. ”He mentioned you might be able to give me some insight on what was going on in Dahlia de Mai.” She looked back from the direction she’d come, hoping that Kol wasn’t leading her on as she admitted. ”I just spoke to Gabriel about what Conor had told me was going on in Dahlia de Mai, but I don’t think it was enough, I forgot to ask Conor some things..” she shifted nervously as she admitted. ”I’ve only seen him a few times since I left the pack.. and I haven’t seen Emwe at all.” Her shoulders sagged as she realized that after losing her most recent litter that she missed her boys more than ever.

- Kol Stormbringer - 01-23-2010

[html]
Kol listened intently as Firefly explained what had happened. A low, irritated growl rumbled in the woman's chest, still angry with the attack regardless of the reason. Two against one was never fair odds, and Kol had no respect for those who would throw their weight around so. The Dahlian's eyes widened in shocked disbelief as her former packmate went so far as to say the pair knew full well she was pregnant. They knew, and yet they attacked anyway? The thought made the blood in her body boil, and her eyes darkened with anger. "I'm so sorry Firefly. Wolves like that disgust me, especially having lost a litter of my own. Dahlia is falling farther and farther into a sanctuary for the cruel, it seems." The words were spoken with regret and longing. There would be no going back to Kol's early days among Dahlia de Mai now, nor ever again it would seem.

Her anger subsiding, the black Dahlian tilted her head slightly at Firefly's mention of Anselm, and her following comments. "Actually, yes. Anselm and I had met before the first war. I didn't know him well then, but we purposely avoided each other during the encounters between the packs. I admit I was a little shocked when I first learned he belonged to Inferni, and no doubt he felt the same about my loyalties as well. Still, I'm fond of him, and I respect him, and there has got to be some way to avoid any more bloodshed between our packs. I don't know if he has any ideas, but it's worth a try." At the woman's mention of her sons, Kol rose from her seated position and risked drawing a bit closer. "Firefly, I really am sorry about the way things worked out. I haven't seen Emwe myself since I got back a few weeks ago, but I know Conor's doing well. I'm glad he still sees you, at least once in awhile." Silence hung in the air for a moment, before Kol decided to go on. "What did he tell you? Maybe I can give you a little more insight." The dark female offered Firefly a soft smile. The former Dahlian had been through more than Kol wished to think about, and her heart longed to help in some way, even if it were only a little.
[/html]

- Firefly Sadira - 01-23-2010

Firefly just shook her head slightly as Kol spoke of her own feelings towards what had happened to Firefly. The woman was tired of speaking of this and she growled at Kol. ”Enough. It’s over and done.” Her voice was strained as she said it, she was lying through her teeth and anyone could see that. She was tired of her emotions taking control and everyone seeing the weaker side of her, she didn’t need to know how pathetic she was. She let her eyes fall away from the woman as she sighed.

She knew that Kol was telling the truth about Dahlia de Mai though; the pack was nothing like it once was. She ran her nails through the soft dirt and gritted her teeth. She didn’t like knowing that the pack was not the same as the one that she had once belonged to. She let her eyes move back to meet Kol’s violet ones as she nodded. ”I’ve noticed..” she said dryly. Dahlia de Mai was not what it was suppose to be and she wasn’t even certain that she wanted the pack to survive this war.

When the Dahlian changed the conversation over to Firefly’s and her common interest Firefly’s eyes brightened as the truth of the matter came out. She listened as Kol told the story of how Anselm and her had met. Firefly’s ears flicked back as she remembered that her first encounter with the male had not been so grand, or even so nice. Firefly glanced down at the ground as she nodded in agreement once more. ”Cour des Miracle isn’t getting involved as a whole, but Jacquez, myself and perhaps as few others might.” She looked towards Kol as she admitted. ”We’re not siding with Dahlia de Mai, even though there are those there still that I wish wasn’t.” She lifted her frame from the ground again with a grunt as she gave up keeping her distance and limped over to where Kol stood.

Firefly just shook her head though as Kol spoke of how things had turned out for her, she sighed softly and admitted. ”If I could come back I would, but I have a new home now..” She would have cme back to Dahlia de Mai in a heartbeat, but it was no longer her home. When Kol spoke next she couldn’t help but laugh bitterly though as she spoke of Conor. Firefly shook her head as she smiled bitterly. ”He doesn’t come to see me..” Conor had never come to see her, they’d always just found one another, never looking but always finding. She glanced at Kol as she offered up some more help for the wrong cause.

She narrowed her eyes as she asked, ”You would give information that you knew would be given straight to your pack’s enemy..” She didn’t hate Kol for wanting to end the war without bloodshed but now it was apparent that the woman had been changed. She pushed on though, knowing that Kol wouldn’t have teased her about the offer. ”We spoke only of the fact that Dahlia de Mai was going to war and that Cercelee was gone and Haku in sole control of the pack.” She hesitated a moment before continuing. ”What happened to Cercelee, what happened to Cwmfen?” She has so many questions and she wasn’t certain that Kol could answer them all.

- Kol Stormbringer - 01-27-2010

[html]
Kol sighed softly as Firefly commented on Dahlia's seeming downfall. The black woman harbored no ill feelings toward her packmate, realizing now just what life as the current Rosen's mate must have been like. In Kol's mind, kidnapping her own children and leaving them with a stranger was going a bit too far, but who's to say what anyone else would do in a similar situation. It wasn't Kol's place to pass judgement.

The woman smiled a bit as Firefly came closer, the awkwardness that had hung in the air before dissipating somewhat. The revalation that a few members of Cour des Miracle had taken a personal interest in the Dahlian-Inferni conflict made Kol's head tilt. She could only hope that the fact that they weren't siding with Dahlia didn't mean they were siding instead with Inferni. If the hybrids could rally more allies and no peaceful resolution could be found, it could mean doom for Dahlia. The information was pushed to the back of her mind as Firefly went on.

The black woman could only nod her head in understanding as her companion explained her relationship with her son. It saddened Kol the way things had turned out between them, but there was nothing she could do about it herself. Family conflict was an entirely different ball game, and it was never an outsider's place to step in. All Kol could do was hope that someday old wounds could be mended.

Kol's violet eyes darkened a bit at Firefly's next choice of words. "Yes, I know it would be given to our enemy. That's why I would never tell Anselm anything about our defences, strategies, or anything else that could possibly endanger my packmates. All I want is a chance to find a solution without anyone else suffering." Her voice was rock hard as she spoke. She was sure in her heart that she was doing the right thing in trying. But as Firefly inquired about the missing leaders, Kol's posture slumped a bit as she sighed softly. "Cwmfen disappeared shortly before I returned from Solbjorg. I still don't know the full story behind her departure. Cercelee and Slay left just after Haku assumed the position of Rosen. I'm not sure how he managed to take over, to be honest. Though I think any of us who've been around awhile have our suspicions. Either way, I do know that no harm came to either Cer or Slay. I'm assuming they simply gave up on us. And though part of me is angry over that, another part of me refuses to actually blame them for it." That Dahlia was now led entirely by Haku alone Kol suspected was no secret. She had no qualms about letting a former packmate know of the fates of those she about whom she'd asked.
[/html]

- Firefly Sadira - 02-03-2010

Firefly was silent as Kol spoke. She knew that they would see differently on a few subjects at hand but she let her speak her bit before nodding in agreement. She never expected Kol to give up their secrets, not that she believed that there were many the pack had. She instead wrapped her tail across her paws and watched the ground a moment before she spoke. ”If I could make arrangements for you two to speak would you trust me in doing so?” She knew that she had every right to ask Anselm to come to her. Gabriel had told her all she needed to do was call for any of the leaders and they would come outside the borders. She knew that they were close enough yet a safe enough distance away from Inferni that no one else would probably try and figure out why a wolf was calling to Anselm. She raised her eyes up to gaze at Kol’s, hoping that there was enough trust between them so Anselm could find out what he could gather from the Dahlian.

Firefly wouldn’t say it but she could only believe in one solution to any of this. The removal of Haku would ensure peace of a sort. She knew that her emotions probably shown through her blank face she tried to apply but she did little to cover it. Instead she glanced towards Inferni’s lands as Kol spoke on about Cwmfen and Cercelee’s fates. She couldn’t help the low growl that formed in her throat as Kol finished speaking, her eyes glancing towards the other as she huffed. ”Do you think he gave them much of a choice. When Haku wants something he gets it.” She knew enough about the man to know if asking and demanding didn’t work he’d go the next step over and take it, no matter what happened in the process.

She sighed softly as she wished that there was some way to gather the old leaders back to the lands. They knew Haku well enough to be able to form some plan to overthrow him but she wasn’t certain if they would. She was disappointed in Cercelee for giving up on the pack as well and leaving the bastard in control but there was nothing she could do now. She just gazed at Kol sadly, wishing a lot and being able to do little.

- Kol Stormbringer - 02-19-2010

OOC: *drags self out of snow* One more post from each and wrap it up? Or do you wanna go on a little longer? Sorry for the delay hon! <333

[html]
A chill wind ruffled the black woman's coat as Firefly made her suggestion. In truth, it made sense. Kol had been on her way to a rendevous point to try to get a message to Anselm anyway. If Firefly held some sort of clout with the Inferni clan, it would make seeing him all that much easier. The more Kol mulled the idea over in her head, the more she became convinced that it would be the best way to talk to her Infernian ally without quite as much a risk to her life. After all, she was still a Dahlian, and they were at war. "If you could somehow arrange it, yes, I would trust you. I'd probably stand more of a chance trusting you in this instance than if I had simply tried to sneak in a meeting with Anselm by myself. I'm careful, but I'm not naive enough to believe I'm that good." A tired smile graced her lips with the self-teasing, though there was hardly anything at this point that could lighten the darkness that had begun to settle in the black woman's heart. She was so very tired of war. Between her homeland of Solbjorg and her chosen home in the lands of Souls, it seemed she would never escape its brutal grip.

Kol's expression remained passive as Firefly reacted to the news of Cercelee's departure with her mate, and Cwmfen's as well. The fiery woman's bitterness was more than obvious, and Kol understood that her anger and cynicism weren't directed at her. "No, he didn't give them a choice. He never does. I used to think I understood him to a degree, but that was a long time ago now. He's fallen completely to whatever darkness he harbors inside, and no one can pull him back. Unfortunately, he has enough mindless followers amongst us that those of us with any sanity left don't stand a chance at an outright challenge. I love my pack, my family; I would never abandon Dahlia, but this is madness. If we challenge him, we die. If we try to leave the pack, we die. I'm still surprised he hasn't pursued Coli. I'm assuming it's only because he doesn't want to add yet another pack to his growing list of enemies. He's insane, but far from stupid." As she spoke, Kol was keenly aware that her words were becoming ever more treasonous should a pack member overhear them. But there were different levels of betrayal, and the dark woman was committed to her belief that she was not actually betraying Dahlia herself, but only her madman of a leader. If she lost her life because of her words or her intent, at least she would do so honorably for what she believed was right.

Her violet eyes weary but determined, Kol focused again on Firefly's idea. "When and where did you want to meet?"
[/html]