Look to the sky
[html]

OOC here!

Isa had been wandering around Casa, finally exploring the territory that made up her new home. She ended up at the stables but didn’t walk in. The horses inside belonged to other members of Casa, not her. She walked over and climbed up a tree to sit on a large branch. She relaxed there for a moment, still feeling a little weak. It had only been a few days ago that Hadley had found her in a house, basically half starved. Slowly she was regaining her strength but it would still take some time before she was at full strength.

The wounds from the raid were healing nicely and were almost completely healed. She looked up at the sunrise, admiring the beauty. Feeling compelled to do so, Isa lifted her head and let out a long howl. She had so much on her mind, asking herself questions she was unable to answer. What had her and Hadley done and would she ever know for sure since he didn’t remember either? Did Hadley have feelings for her? Why was she in that house and where had the teddy bear come from? She shook her head, unable to answer any of her questions. She closed her eyes and relaxed there in the tree.

<style>
.isanight .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.isanight p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.isanight b {color:#CBCACA; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.isanight {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... hnuq-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.isanight-border {width:479px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.isanight .inner {margin:120px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Injured cowboy is mellooo! +3

Wayne McCoy was not one for resting, even under medic’s orders. He was awake at sunrise just like any normal day, walking out of the courthouse and taking a stroll through the territory. It was getting warmer every morning, though right now the temperature was down as the sun had yet to blaze from a higher point in the sky. He enjoyed the early spring weather, however, and looked forward to a time when they could begin construction on the stables and renovate other buildings throughout the fort and surrounding territory.

He would not be able to work for a while yet, however. Bitterly, the mongrel glanced at his sling. He’d been instructed to wear it until the agony drained from his damaged shoulder, and the constriction of movement made it difficult for him to do his daily tasks; he had to rely on random help more than ever, which was no good if he wanted to make his duties within the pack official with a secondary rank.

His inability to use an arm would not hinder him when it came to riding the horses, though; they were being trained more and more to respond to leg cues rather than reins. He’d simply have to wander until he found one of the free-roaming beasts, not feeling like calling for any in case they were just waking up at this hour.

The male did not wander for long before a howl broke through the area. Half-flopped ears pricked, used to heeding the calls of canines at the border, but this cry was coming from within the territory. It didn’t sound particularly urgent or even necessarily meant to call for someone’s company, and so he simply ambled, unhurried, toward the source.

The Tronco finally came across a silver luperci sitting in an oak, and he smiled faintly at memories of clambering hay bales and ladders in addition to trees in his youth. “Howdy,” he greeted, and came to lean against the tree with his uninjured shoulder as he looked calmly at her.

<style type="text/css">
.waysaddle b {font-weight:bold; color:#aa3821; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #936f4a; }
.waysaddle p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.waysaddle {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#daa46e; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CGa3P.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 300px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#705338;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Isa was still relatively thin but not nearly as much as she had been before. She was beginning to get her strength back and enjoyed wandering around Casa more often. She just wished that she had a friend in the pack. She didn’t know very many members. Jazper was the Sole and probably didn’t have too much time to spend with the newcomers. Hadley had left with Shadowfang and probably wouldn’t be back for a while. And then there was Selene. Isa knew Selene more than likely hated her now. She hoped she could fix things with Selene.

She picked up the males scent before she saw him. She turned her head to see a rather charming dusty grey man leaning against the tree she was sitting in. Isa noticed the sling his arm rested in and figured it had happened during the raid. She smiled sweetly at him as she spoke. ”Bonjour. It’s nice to meet you, I’m Ismeme but most just call me Isa.” She jumped down from the tree, landing on her feet in front of him. She looked up into his warm brown eyes. ”So what’s your name stranger?”

<style>
.isanight b {color:#CBCACA; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.isanight {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc3 ... hnuq-1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.isanight .inner {margin:120px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #000000; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

A smile broke out across the silvery female’s face when she caught sight of him, lighting her pale blue eyes, and Wayne was glad to see he hadn’t disturbed her with his greeting. Others daydreamed so deeply that they would recoil when someone approached, which would have been disastrous with the she-wolf up in the tree. He snorted softly at the thought then pricked his ears when she greeted him with a “bonjour,” introducing herself as Ismeme.

When she dropped down from the tree branch, Wayne let out a little sigh of exasperation—noting that she was taller than him. It was only around half a foot difference, but he had always been able to use his size as an advantage on the road. It seemed that Casa di Cavalieri really was a pack of giants.

“Wayne McCoy,” the mongrel greeted, tipping his hat with his free hand as was customary for him. “So you speak French, Isa?” he asked after a moment, just for the sake of conversation. “My mother knew some. She was a wolf; I take after my dad more.” In fact, few knew that there was any wolf in the doggish hybrid. His coat was a bit thicker, and there were some timber-like streaks around his shoulders, but his dog side was definitely dominant.

“You must be new to the pack,” he remarked, feeling oddly conversational; perhaps he was bored to death from being cooped up and needed the socialization for once. “I ain’t seen you before, obviously, and I’ve been in Casa since it was founded.”

<style type="text/css">
.waysaddle b {font-weight:bold; color:#aa3821; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #936f4a; }
.waysaddle {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#daa46e; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CGa3P.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding: 300px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#705338;letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:15px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

The Casa males ears pricked up when Isa used French. Perhaps he knew a little. She quite enjoyed being able to use the different languages her mother had taught her. A sigh escaped from the man’s lips when she stood in front of him, more than likely from her size. Both her parents had been massive wolves and Isa was used to towering over others by then.

She bowed her head in greeting when Wayne introduced himself. ”One of the many languages I was taught, yes.” She smiled and nodded her head when Wayne mentioned his mother knowing some. ”Yes. I was accepted not too long ago. I just haven’t gotten around to meeting all of Casa’s members yet.” Isa looked back over at the sunrise as a large smile crossed her face. ”It certainly is beautiful here.” She had enjoyed her time in Casa for the most part. The things that were going on with her, Hadley, and Selene had left her feeling exhausted most days though. She didn’t know how to handle any of it because of the large gap in her memory. She would have to figure it all out eventually but at the time, she just wanted to enjoy the peaceful moment there and get to know Wayne.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Poke me if you need more to reply to. Smile

The concept of other languages was a little beyond the down-to-earth wolfdog. He knew the basics of French and Spanish, although he was too embarrassed by his accent to speak the foreign tongues. Even low speech, despite the constant companionship of horses, was too hard for him to understand. He wasn’t dumb because of these limitations, but he did find that he liked the simplicity of not needing to deal with such matters. His work was with his arms and hands, not his mouth.

Needless to say, hearing that she knew many other languages made him shake his head. He listened politely to her answers, wondering who’d found her at the borders, and followed her icy-blue gaze to the sun. “Yeah,” he agreed quietly, leaning his good shoulder against the tree trunk. “I don’t explore enough of this place,” he admitted after a moment. “Other ’n ridin’ the horses in some parts, I ain’t paid attention to a lot of the territory.” Different landmarks breezed by him as he galloped along, but he never really had the time to take it all in with all the work he had to do. Chuckling to himself, he supposed that he’d have the time now, what with his injury.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Wayne shook his head when Isa mentioned knowing multiple languages. Perhaps like most men, Wayne preferred to work with his hands and not bother with language. Language didn’t have much use except for translating for others. Isa had always wondered how her mother had learned so many languages, until she learned that her mother was actually a slave to her father and had been a slave for many others who lived in different areas. She didn’t feel the need to tell Wayne that but if he happened to ask she would explain.

His eyes followed hers to the rising sun and he agreed with her statement. He leaned against the tree trunk and Isa turned to face him again as he spoke. He mentioned riding horses and her eyes lit up. Her and her sister, Thana had a beautiful stallion but he stayed with her sister since Isa joined Casa. ”What’s your horse like if I may ask?” She loved horses and began to think that she could possibly have her own at some point. Wayne chuckled to himself, probably because he realized he didn’t pay much attention to the Casa territory when riding.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

The young woman’s face brightened once more at mention of the horses, and the man’s heart warmed to know that Casa had obtained another equine-lover. It was almost a requirement that the pack members at least tolerate horses, since they were everywhere around the territory, but that didn’t mean they liked them; Sebastian, for instance, was still wary around the beasts, and Jazper too wasn’t necessarily fond of them, despite owning a massive stallion of his own.

The Labrador mix shot her a grin at her question. “You ask about one, you ask about all of ’em,” he joked lightly. “I’m the Cavallo, so I have to oversee all the horses of Casa. As for mine…” He frowned lightly in thought; he tended to think of all the horses in the pack as his own little herd. “I guess Fern ’n’ Gypsy are the only ones I truly ‘own,’ Gypsy especially. Fern’s sweet as you please, great temperament, gentle—an’ Gypsy’s a lil’ spitfire.” He grinned once more. “’specially now, with spring comin’ and her bein’ pregnant an’ all.” He couldn’t wait to see the foal, however, when it came.

He stopped leaning against the tree, shifting his arm in its sling and wincing slightly. It would get frozen if he didn’t exercise it, but he wasn’t sure if it’d be rude or not to do so while speaking to the silvery she-wolf.

“You caught up in the raider attack?” Wayne asked. He had not seen her; she might have been caught up with the others.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Wayne spoke for a moment, talking about the horses and him being the Cavallo. Seemed like a great job, getting to be around the beautiful creatures all day. She wished she had her own. Her eyes lit up when he mentioned his horse Gypsy was pregnant. When is she supposed to have her foal? Isa was excited and hoped she would get to see the foal.

She noticed him wince when he shifted his arm. Yeah, I got a few scars while helping out. She motioned to her back where a large scar went from her right hip to the bottom of her left shoulder blade along with another scar on her left side moving to the right. Isa looked at his arm before speaking. That where you got this? He must have been with the other group when the raiders attacked. She had been helping out with Jazper and his group at the time. Wayne’s arm seemed pretty stiff. Maybe you should stretch out your arm a little. It seems a little stiff.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

My post is all kinds of choppy, sorry. ><

He smiled at the other’s eager question, going back in his mind to the August day that they’d met Saul Stormbringer and his stud. His smile faded thoughtfully. He’d befriended the man in Ichika no Ho-en, but his more recent memories of the now-loner were not so pleasant anymore. Not showing his misgivings, he only smiled at the woman again and estimated, “Prolly mid-summer.” It seemed close, even though spring had just begun. He’d no problem waiting.

Brown eyes wandered over her fresh scars, and he frowned in sympathy. “Regner help heal ’em?” he asked; he knew the elderly medic had probably been swamped with injured luperci coming in for assistance. It looked like her wounds, would’ve bled a lot.

He glanced at his stiff shoulder and sighed. “Yeah, hit with a bat, and shifted to make it worse.” He tried not to think about the man he’d killed, the brutality of it, even if he would have done it again for Dixie’s sake. “I’ll exercise it later,” he added with a one-shouldered shrug. He didn’t want to seem rude, and it worked better when he was alone—in case it did hurt, he didn’t want to show others his weakness.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC You’re fine ☺

Wayne smiled at her question but it faded slightly before smiling once again and gave her an answer. Mid-summer? She appeared to be close already. I bet you’re excited for the new foal. Isa was excited as well, even though she hadn’t even been around the mare yet. She just really liked horses and the thought of seeing a foal easily excited her.

Wayne looked over her scars and frowned. He asked if Regner helped with them and for a moment, she had forgotten he was the medic. No, I let them heal on their own. That’s just what I’m used to doing. The wind started to pick up a bit, blowing her hair out of her face and making the scar on the corner of her eye visible. She wasn’t able to really treat that one either since she left her home after she got it and her and Thana didn’t exactly have any medical experience, being yearlings at the time. Isa fixed her bangs so they covered the nasty scar again and gave Wayne a small smile. If he asked she would explain what happened. She wouldn’t hide her past from her pack mates.

Looking over his shoulder he explained he was hit with a bat. Why would he shift if his shoulder was already injured? Surely he had known it would only make it worse. She wouldn’t judge though, maybe he didn’t know. I’m sorry you got hurt but I’m sure it will heal up in no time. She gave him a big smile to show that she meant what he said and to at least attempt to cheer him up.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

+304

He didn’t know what he was looking forward to more: the foaling or the healing of his stupid injury. He wanted to get back to work more than ever with his new official title of Cavallo, and many eyes had fallen on him for assistance with different matters in the pack, from mentoring to patrolling.

Wayne lifted his hand to keep his hat from flying off in the wind, smirking faintly as her hair flew out behind her. He shrugged without comment as she said the injuries had healed on her own; sometimes that worked, and sometimes it didn’t. Luckily, Dixie and he had learned the very basics of emergency care on the road, whether to patch up their horses or themselves, so he might have been able to survive. Without the medic’s expert opinion, though, his shoulder might have had less chance of a recovery. He was still holding his breath when it came to how well it would work in the future.

“Got hurt in the line of duty,” the cowboy said nonchalantly, although he smiled back at her. “I’d do anything to protect the ones I care about.” Even if it meant risking further injury by shifting and tearing out the throat of the damned raider that’d hurt Dixie-May. He wasn’t sure still how he felt about being the cause of another’s death, but it was just like when Gypsy and Duke had teamed up against the mountain lion. The herd would protect its own, just as Casa di Cavalieri would.

“D’you want to walk with me?” Wayne asked out of the blue, his chocolate brown eyes regarding her curiously. It wasn’t exactly exercising his shoulder, but some movement would do him good. “I need t’ make sure all the horses are fed anyway; maybe you can meet some of ’em.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC here!

Wayne simply shrugged at her comment. Yes, she probably should have had someone take care of the wounds but she at least knew how to keep wounds clean so they didn’t get infected. She was glad they were healing nicely though, however, they would still scar but she didn’t mind too much.

Wayne smiled as he talked about his own injury. He explained how he would do anything to protect those he cared for, bringing a large smile from Isa. I’m the same way. I would do whatever it took to keep the others safe. She meant the pack as a whole but found herself thinking about Hadley as she said it. It wasn’t just him she would protect though and not even just her own pack but anyone who needed help or protection. Isa had always been the type to put others before herself, willing to lay down her own life for someone those she really cared about.

He asked if Isa would walk with him and she gave him a small nod as she waited for him to lead the way. Wayne mentioned needing to make sure the horses were fed and she automatically lit up, excited to see the horses of Casa. I’d like that. She smiled up at him and motioned for him to lead.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Whaaaaa! Finals have killed me. ;__;

The Labrador mongrel nodded in approval as she smiled broadly and stated that she’d do anything to protect the pack, too. He expected no less of her, truly; while Casa could shelter those that needed help, the majority of the pack needed to pull their weight and be ready to fight—to protect themselves and all the other packs in Nova Scotia. It was a great burden the peaceful warriors were shouldering, but he was proud of the creed of his new home.

Ismeme seemed fine with going to check on the horses, and he wasted no time heading toward where he’d seen a few of the creatures. When the barn was constructed, it might be able to house some of the beasts, but more or less the Casa herd roamed freely over the territory. It took a few hours out of his day to actually find them and make sure they were okay, but he didn’t mind. It did most of them good to get some exercise and graze, although a supplement of dried feed and oats would fill their stomachs nicely too.

“So where’re ya from, Isa?” Wayne asked, deciding to continue their polite conversation to get to know more about the woman. “And what made ya decide to join this pack out of all of ’em?”

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]