It's all up in the air
[html]

300+

The young Marino hadn't expected these feeling to come so quickly and with so little warning. She had perhaps felt hints of it the last time they talked, but today the dam had burst and it had filled her to the brim. The words she had spoken had been hesitant, but now she knew there were none truer. If they weren't true then she wouldn't be feeling so exposed now, so vulnerable. Few things could make someone feel so vulnerable as when they voiced such a truth. Even though she had never felt these things before she knew that this was what it was like to want to be with someone. Her heart raced, her face flushed, and it seemed her very being depended on the acceptance of the woman who had so quickly caught her eye. Anu's words that love could not be predicted and could happen at any time and with anyone rang through her head. At the time she had doubted that the wisdom would apply to her, but it was clear now that it did. Of course this wasn't love, only the seed of such a great thing that required nurturing and care to grow and bloom. Would such a thing happen between the two Dreamers? She couldn't say, but she certainly hoped it would.

This time Mati's eyes didn't leave her face and her hope swelled more. Once again she felt captivated by the woman before her, just as she had when the other had smiled at the admission of her attraction. Once again she wished to close the distance. To hold herself against the taller fey and touch her warm, earthen fur. That line couldn't be pushed though. They were on a seesaw and even the smallest misstep could switch the balance back to bad. Cambria couldn't risk that. The girl smiled more, the blush burning stronger beneath her fur as her eyes diverted bashfully for a moment before returning to the captivating violet orbs. "I know. I just...have never thought of myself as...beautiful," she said softly. Cambria could too often only see her flaws and never her virtues. Sadly she needed others to show her her worth. It was the way she had always been.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread