But you're so far away
[html]
Big Grin omnom 500+

The sound of a door opening and closing let her know that her tranquil stance was about to be broken. Feet drummed against the weary wood on the stairs and disappeared for a moment before sounding again, apparently coming down again. Merely moments after the well known figure of Cotl entered the room, heading for the unlit fireplace. It had never crossed the girl’s mind to start a fire before she saw him bundle up pieces of wood and lit. Her ruby orbs were halfway covered by drowsy eyelids reaching for the recently lost moment. She let the man do his thing, wondering if he had seen her or not yet. It seemed not, and with a loud NYEH he turned his gaze suddenly at her. Her lips curved weakly in a silent greeting and she let her warmly hued orbs rest on the growing fire eating wood and paper. She loved watching the flames dance and twist bright with red, orange and yellow colours.

His question sounded and she willingly answered. ”Bored, I’ve been very bored.” She loved to spend time with her grandmother, but she could not act as the woman’s shadow all the time. She gave Kaena distance when she thought she needed it and thought it was safe, but that meant spending hours and days without really doing much, only stay at a spot not too far away from Kaena. Maybe she was overdoing it, but so be it. Dahlian wolves had broken through the borders several times and the only way to make certain that her Centurion was safe was to be there. ”I’m acting as Kaena’s guard, so I see it as my right to follow her around everywhere she goes. It’s not the most exciting task though.” Would she have been better out there fighting wolves and ripping off heads to put on the stakes? She did not know, to be honest. ”What about you, Cotl?”

She watched as the male tended the fire and let her smile widen somewhat as he sat down on the couch across her chair and let the strange blanket embrace him. She did not feel the cold much, but her mother had given her some of her arctic heritage. She was used to spend her days outside, and so the temperature seldom proved to be a difficulty. "I'm not that cold, actually. I guess I've inherited a few good genes from my mother's side of the family."Not to say that she did not appreciate the warmth from the newly lit fire caress her copper hued fur, but the cold had not been enough in order for her to do anything about it. ”I’ve been looking at the sketch of my tattoo today,” she revealed with delicate tones. ”I like the design, but I’m not sure if I can let a needle imprint it permanently into my skin.” She looked him over, wondering if he was disappointed with her. He had spent hours on the sketch. Her smile stayed on nevertheless though, for she did not intend to let his efforts be completely wasted either of course.

Table credit: Mary Poppins
[/html]

Messages In This Thread