Following the taint
Vark hesitated, embarrassed. He didn't have any possessions. He had come with only his skin. He didn't yet have the ability to use any tools, come to think of it. His face burnt with shame when the fact that he still couldn't shift form struck him, yet again. He glanced around behind him, to his house. He felt incredibly lucky, to have been allowed to have a place of his own. It was his only possession. And he couldn't exactly take it with him. He fortified himself with the thought that when he was bigger and.... well... braver to live by himself, he would move back. Maybe even refurbish the place. Vark took a step towards the door.
“I don’t have any things.” Vark said quietly to Conor. He glanced up, a slight tear in his eye. Vark quickly dashed it away, quickly telling himself it was because of his injured eyes, not the painful recollection of his stupid puppy toys he had left behind. “Just me.” Vark walked out of the house into the street. He glanced back only to see if Conor was coming, not to see his house. Or so he told himself.
“So I can come over now, if that’s ok.” Vark smiled.

Messages In This Thread