run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking.
[html]
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad34 ... hopper.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:175px; background-position:top center; background-color:#050000; text-align:justify; font-family:tahoma,sans; font-size:11px; color:#FF7C00; line-height:16px">
        The hybrid was riffling through his supplies as Marik approached; for a split second wishful thinking managed to convince him that the scent belonged to Cotl and not his outlandish brother. When the slight man finally spoke the illusion could persist no further and Anselm begrudgingly turned around to converse with the mad German. Gabriel had forewarned him that Marik might be seek him out--and the bronze hybrid had promised his cooperation for the sake of Inferni alone. His features were largely blank with a degree of scepticism... yet as the second ticked away, it became clear that Marik had taken his pills for the day (or something). There wasn't the barrage of weirdness he was expecting and, though he'd never forget his first impression, he was tempted to give his friend's sibling a second chance. "We're building a grow house for medicinal herbs; up to you what you want to do, but if you're good with metal 'n all that Cass might be able to direct you better than me," he explained.

It seemed as if he might speak again, but the words caught in his throat and his gaze became distant as he was distracted by Alacrity's appearance through the gate. He dipped his head and muttered a quick "Excuse me, a sec," before dropping to all fours to greet her. His tail swung merrily and he greeted her affectionately, clearly not concerned with what anyone else might think of the gesture. If anything, the painted woman's presence would only serve to put him in an even better mood. "Yeah; hopefully wrapping up construction so we can get some herbs growin'," he explained through an uncharacteristically goofy grin (well, uncharacteristic for being out in "public," anyway). He stepped aside as introductions were exchanged--by now Cassius had found his way outside.

Subconsciously he noticed the look their mechanic tossed Marik's way upon his entrance, although he wouldn't have been able to figure out the implications if he tried. And so, he simply offered a quick handshake and an apologetic flick of his ear. "My bad, man. I think this is it, though," he said, glancing around their motley assembly. They had a couple of natives, an African, and a German--between them they represented not just wolf and coyote blood, but far more exotic flavours of canine as well: the African wild dog and the New Guinea Singing dog. "We've certainly got enough man power here to get those first seeds into the ground," he clarified, though once again he was distracted by another face..

He'd been vaguely aware of her return from his patrols, but the cousins had not crossed paths directly in well over a year. "Corona!" he exclaimed, his tail swinging madly as he trotted over and pulled her into a quick, familial hug. "How's life been treatin' ya?" he wondered as he disengaged from the embrace, waving her over join the rest of the crew. "This is my cousin Corona," he addressed the small gang. "Corona, this is Cass, our mechanic, Marik, our resident trapper, 'n this is Alacrity," he said, his tone overwhelmingly affectionate on the final introduction... as if there was any doubt, he reached down with one hand and gently stroked the side of her neck.

By now a big merry grin had plastered itself upon his face--despite the dire circumstances, in the company of a comrade, a lover, a friend, and a family member it'd be hard to dampen his spirits. "Let's get this show on the road, shall we? Cass, I was hoping we could install a ventilation system yet.. you saw that Stirling engine, ya? I thought we could use one of those to rig up a fanned ventilation system. I got one and some wire over in the shed. Other 'n that, I'll need someone to steady the ladder as I put up the sheetin'... unless anyone else is fond of heights and would like to do that. We'll need firewood for the stove; the ground will have to be dug up for the seeds," he prattled on, shooting Alacrity a questioning gaze on the latter--without being able to shift, she'd have a rough time doing much else. "Then once we figure out what to plant 'n stick it in, we'll be set!" Here he peered at the other woman--hadn't Corona been trained in healing? Perhaps if she didn't have anything on her she would at least know where to look... so far all he really had were his opium seeds, which were a questionable contribution at best.

Hurray, second round. No posting order or post length required; post at your convenience but have it up by April 12th. (WC: 764)
[/html]

Messages In This Thread