[M] I want your design
[html]

She moved as swiftly and silently as she normally did, making her way quietly through the lush green vegetation that was beginning to pop up as the lands warmed with the coming of spring. There were no crackling leaves or crunching snow any more to give her away. She could tell that the seasons were shifting now because of the absence of snow or ice and because of the rising temperatures. Also, the days seemed to get a bit longer now that winter was over.

A light breeze swept her long, straight black hair to and fro, the beads hitting each other with light clicking sound as she went. This wasn't a hunt or a pack ceremony or an event in which she felt silence was particularly needed...so she had left her locks unbound. Ember had always liked the feel of the wind in her hair.

She reached the area of the fence that needed the patching and examined it in the growing light. It looked like it had rusted or something; the fence was broken, yes, but it didn't look like it had been cut by anything. They would need every part of the fence if they were going to keep the cattle or horses in, once they became more free roaming. The herd was growing nicely, the equine's population nearly double what it had been when she had first brought them to AniWaya. They were already running out of room in the stables and barn for all of the beasts.

She was about to set her coil of wire down when she heard the whinny. Her head came up quickly and she dropped the coil quickly, hand going to the hilt of her sword. She took a defensive stance, unsure of where the sound had come from, her body moving of its own accord into the familiar posture. Pale green eyes searched over the stretch of lands immediately surrounding her, looking for signs of movement.

It was then that they came into view. She recognized the other easily as Cotl, the male who had given her the piercings and to whom she had traded a horse. The horse she recognized as well. It seemed eager to come to her but she didn't mind this; Cotl was one who she considered to be a friend, though they had only seen each other a few times. She spoke in low tones to the horse as it neared, greeting it first in its own language, then looking up to its rider.

"It feels like ages since I've seen you. Thanks for the compliment on AniWaya...how is Inferni? Is there still fighting going on in places?" She asked, patting the horse gently. It took her a moment to realize that Cotl had probably been in the fight himself, and she cleared her throat to speak again quickly. "Did you get hurt? I mean I see yer still here and all..but no, no one here got hurt, and no land was damaged that I know of."

[/html]

Messages In This Thread