the castle floor lies in traps
[html]

500+

The thought of her leaving him had never crossed his mind until his subconscious had brought it up in the form of that dream. And even though it was only a dream, the mere possibility that it could come true was what had thrown him so off kilter. Up until then, he had trusted Princess completely and that trust wasn't broken by any means, it was his own fears that had taken over though. It was irrational, and it was stupid, but he hadn't been able to stop it. All he had been able to think about was how much it had hurt when Siobhan left him, and by extension, how much worse it would hurt if Princess did. Even though he had never said the word "love" to the coyote girl, he had loved her. That love had been brand new though, and he hadn't truly known what all it meant. With Princess, things were more developed, more deep and important and he knew that if he lost her it would crush him completely.

His answer left her surprised he could see, but it wasn't simple surprise he sensed from her. There was and undertone of hurt and he almost shirked back, that not having been his intention at all. Still, could he blame her? No, of course not. Like he said, this was all his fault, the product of his own insecurity. Haven was about to say that he knew there was no solid basis for him to think she'd do that, but her softly whispered words pricked him and cut off his voice. That's not what he had meant to do, by saying that, but he had failed yet again. The Aatte hung his head in shame, wanting to go to her but knowing she probably didn't want him near her right now. "I know you're not her Princess. I know that. That's...not what I meant to say." He paused for a moment, chewing his lips as he figured out how to explain.

"It's not that I think you're like her at all, you aren't. It's just...the similarity of the situations frightened me. I hadn't even thought about it until I had that nightmare, but after that I couldn't get it out of my mind. I know I don't have any reason to think you would do that to me, but the fear that it could even be a little bit possible...I didn't know how to handle it." He doubted she wanted to hear any more about Siobhan, but he didn't know how else he could make it clear. "She left her home for me too, and everything was going so well, and then one day she just left. Nothing had happened, but she wanted to go find her brother. A brother she could barely even remember and didn't know. I know you're not like her. I love you more than I ever loved her, and that's why I was so afraid. I don't know what I'd do...if we suddenly weren't together anymore..." Jade eyes were fixated on the floor of the stable and he could feel the moisture pooling behind them.

<style type="text/css">
.havensad01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#9f9677; letter-spacing:1px; }
.havensad01ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Palatino, serif; font-size:12px; color:#515149; text-align:right;}
.havensad01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.havensad01 {margin:0 auto; width:384px; background-color:#0b100f; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... lone01.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #515149; padding: 240px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Palatino, serif; font-size:12px; color:#515149; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread