sell me SANCTUARY
[html]

You post so fast I didn't realize it was my turn already O_O Pp'd Geneva reacting to pokes on the chest so he can find the broken ribs, hope that's ok? Smile
Word Count: 452

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

Jefferson retreated as Dawali examined the female, and the red wolf nodded at his words. Even if Dawali had hated Geneva, which he far from did, he would still have helped her. She was still, but moved her hands and sometimes the muscles of her face, and Dawali watched with sadness in his heart. He knew that some valued looks more than others, but even if Dawali had been a high master at his profession (which he was not) her view of herself would be drastically altered when she had healed enough to see herself. Her skin had risen on her cheek and along her jaw, and with her eyes closed it was almost as if the only normal features of her face was her forehead; everything else was bloodied and swollen and blue. It mattered little now, though; what mattered was keeping her alive. A strained sound came from her as he touched the side of her chest, and he repeated the action to see if he had actually found something or not. Her reaction continued, and now Dawali knew why her breathing was pained; the bones that protected the upper body. One of them was probably bruised or broken. He had seen some die from such injuries, but often their broken bones had shredded them inside, and they bled from their inner wounds. Geneva had no blood in her mouth; it seemed she was lucky. He started to hum again as he applied more ointment to her superficial wounds, and looked up as Ember entered, bringing bandages and the other supplies he had asked for. Reaching for one of the longer strips of cloth, his gaze shifted to Jefferson. The things they were going to do would not be a pretty sight. "I have to push her broken bones back into place." He was being blunt about it, but the longer they waited, the worse it would be. Almost sighing, he continued. "I don't know if I can fix her jaw; I will have to move it around to find out exactly where it is broken. The same with her other injuries..." The medic glanced at Ember, who probably was not too excited about what she was going to have to help him do, but he preferred her to Jefferson, whose emotions would likely get in the way. "It will not be... comfortable. For any of us." Far from it; it would be directly ugly. Geneva was still now, but she would feel the pain, no doubt. As far as he could see, from where her skin was bloated and raised, they had a lot to do, and there was a lot of pain in store for Phoenix Valley's subleader.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread