Gone is the pale hand of winter
[html]

300+

The younger man watched as his friend and Kalona thought over the question that had been posed. He was not impatient, and of course wanted the best answer that Dawali could give. It wasn't that he was regretting his decision to come here, not in the least, but he did want to know how the Amara had fared here so far from everything and everyone he was familiar with. Nayati couldn't help but feel a little isolated out here in these new lands with only two people he had known previously beside him. Two was better than none, for sure, but two was a great decrease from what he had always known. It was impossible to feel alone in the Great Tribe and so what he was feeling now was wholly foreign and strange to him. As he had many times before, he looked to Dawali to help give him advice.

The answers that were given made complete sense to him. He could imagine what it must have felt like for Dawali to be offered such a position of honor and great responsibility. As proud as Nayati was of his people, he didn't know if he would have the strength to lead them, even a small fraction of them. Hunts were one thing, having to lead and look after the people constantly quite another. He would not be equipped for such a duty, but he knew that Dawali was. Of course, after he had been risen to that level he would have had to focus on here and now and not think of the alternatives. The Utina smiled at the kind words given last, the inclusion of him into Dawali's family. It joyed him to know that the Kalona considered him such. "Yes, I can see from your position what it must have been like. You had to focus here. I am happy to be here, it is just such a change. I miss my mother and father, and my little brothers and sister." He had never thought he would miss the pestering of his younger siblings, but he would have gladly welcomed it now.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread