Gone is the pale hand of winter
[html]

Word Count: -

come dance with the west wind and touch on the mountain tops

Dawali nodded thoughtfully. Nayati's feelings were very much like his own had been at first, but he had also been lucky enough to have Asha come along with him. He was recently widowed then, too, but not having a mate to miss had almost been a blessing. He knew that he would never see her again, and that was better than knowing that he would, and longing for that moment. No, what he had missed the most here, was Aiyanna, and his mother and father. His siblings were always very busy, and he was used to not seeing them too often, and some lived in neighboring tribes, too. But he had met up with his parents almost daily, and the lack of their presence here still gnawed at him sometimes. Gvihita was an excellent spirit guide, but not quite as... supportive as the two old wolves. And even worse, he knew how old they were. He worried he would never see them alive again, and that was what gnawed at him the most. "I know what you mean. It is strange to be here where there are no one, compared to the crowdedness of the old AniWaya Village." Dawali paused and glanced around himself, almost envisioning all the houses that needed to be added before this village would be worthy of comparison. "It helped me a lot, though, never to give up any of our traditions, even the ones I have never practiced before." He was different, here, and it could not be helped, but since everyone saw him as such anyways, he would help them along and show them all the things that made him him, and his tribe what it was. It was all he could do to cling to his identity.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread