Overwhelming life
[html]

Updated

Word Count: 483

Yumiko lifted her head slightly, still blushing, and nodded intently at Lilli's enthusiastic explanation. Sure, she didn't fully believe it, but truth rang clear in the female's words and the blonde wolf was having a hard time not accepting the fact. She just couldn't get over her phobia so quickly, no matter how much rational evidence was presented to her saying that it was all silly. As if sensing her probably obvious discomfort, her companion suggested they leave the barn. Yumiko nodded a little too enthusiastically, although she was a little disappointed that she would not come to terms with her fear that day. Maybe, if the two became friends, they could try again in the future. Smiling at the thought, she walked with Lilli as her subconcious shaking ceased. She hadn't even been aware she was shaking.

"I see. You must have travelled a lot, as a pup," Yumiko said observantly. What would it be like, to travel so often, see so many places, all at such a tender age? She herself had been molded by stability, so the very thought was out of place in her mind. "I didn't see much when I was a kid. It was just me, my little sis and my parents." She absently rubbed at one eye as it itched in the expectation of tears. "Now it's just me, though," she said. "Is your mom... still around?" She did her best to be careful and gentle, in case it was as sore a subject for Lilli as it was for herself.

As they left the dimness of the barn and finally saw the sun again, Yumiko spread her arms and grinned, head tilted back slightly. She'd always been a creature of warmth and the spring was invigorating for her after months of winter solitude. The wolfess put down her arms and spun on tip-toe to face Lilli, as much in her element as Lilli was with the horses. "I thought I hadn't seen you around. I'm still kind of new myself. I only came here in... February, was it? But I can give you a quick tour if you like. Most of the interesting stuff is in the town, anyway. The rest doesn't take too long to explore," she said with a smile and tilt of the head.

Yumiko followed Lilli's gaze to the fields, and her ears raised and lowered in a sort of subconcious shrug. "They're interesting, aren't they? I've never seen another pack that grew their own crops before. Those look like wheat. The herb gardens are over there," she uttered with a gesture past their field of vision. Those were her favourites, for although they were only just beginnning to sprout, the healing herbs that so helped her profession were beginning anew. They were so beautiful, and she went there often now that the growing season had begun to care for them.

"Talk." Walk. Think.

<style type="text/css">
.Yumiko002 b {font-weight:bold; color:#767295; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Yumiko002ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#767295; text-align:left;}
.Yumiko002 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Yumiko002 {margin:0 auto; width:339px; background-color:#c6d596; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... iko002.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #767295; padding: 195px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#676a31; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread