And this fire will guide you home...
[html]

ooc

Word Count: 306

The pair of young females began to talk, reciting ranks like they were lined up for an examination. Yumiko folded her hands in her lap and listened intently, her lack of sleep not a problem after the five or so hours she'd just recieved. When Leah said she was a tool of war, the blonde wolf blinked sorrowfully. She had never liked fighting of any kind, and couldn't imagine what her roomates had gone through.

"As pups! Oh, ah, sorry. I... I don't think I could do that. You must have been very brave," she said truthfully, wide-eyed. Leah was obviously avoiding her gaze as she played with Anne's hair, and the small woman understood and let her be. It was obviously not an easy conversation for her, and probably the same for Anne although she seemed too exhausted to care much. The other blonde was almost asleep, and so the attentive listener leaned foward so as not to disturb her, speaking directly to Leah herself.

"The memories may never leave you, but you have a home here. A fresh start. Don't let your past hinder you." She spoke partially from experience, and partially from a soft voice in the back of her mind that told her that her words were true. The fire crackled behind her, clinging desperately to the last chunk of ashen wood. The light had died down and her eyes were having trouble readjusting to the darkness, but she felt no need to relight the hearth. The dim night seemed fitting for the conversation at hand and the blonde wolf no longer noticed the cold winds that snuck through the entrance as she did when she had slept alone; it was as if the very presence of others kept the cold at bay.

Struck by a sudden feeling, she put a gentle hand on Leah's shoulder, reassurance plain upon her face. "I won't judge you by what you've done, you know. If there's anything else you want to say, it stays with us and the embers."

"Talk." Walk. Think.

<style type="text/css">
.Yum001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ffffd2; letter-spacing:1px;}
.Yum001ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-familyTonguealatino, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3b2215; text-align:center;}
.Yum001 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Yum001 {margin:0 auto; width:383px; background-color:#dac1cf; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ach001.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #3b2215; padding: 0px 0px 235px 0px; font-family: Palatino, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3b2215; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread