What great days these are
[html]

With how fast you both post it makes me look slow. xD Blame the wisdom teeth extraction. x.x 300+ words.

The Constable thought the idea of a journal even partly about this pack was fascinating. Of course, Vigilante did not know how to read, so such a thing would not be of use to him anyway. Perhaps he would look into learning how to read someday, but the man just did not see it as something useful to him. He had been raised in a pack that was very far from humanized, and though that had changed for him since coming here, he still did not think that being able to read would be important. He seemed to be one of the ones who was more in tune with his completely canine heritage than most, and even that was significantly lessened for him.

Ayita seemed to pick up on who they were discussing, and Vigilante nodded, chuckling good-naturedly. "Yes, Amaranth seemed very fond of her. She was a sweet girl," he said, though he understood that Niro wanted to move on. Though the Constable did not know why, he assumed that the topic was simply done, so he was not against the idea of moving on to a new subject. He smiled, waiting for Niro to finish and for Ayita to answer before putting in his own thoughts. He could understand the insecurity that came with being in a new place, and he remembered feeling like he was not doing everything right upon his own arrival. One of the things he had liked the most about this place, though, had been the fact that they were not expected to do anything. Jacquez had assured him of that when eh had arrived here, and it had proven true, despite the fact that he had taken on a number of duties and did them daily. The important part was that it had been his choice.

Contemplating an appropriate answer, Vigilante finally began with, "The pack itself is fairly self-sufficent, as far as I can tell. As long as you can pull your own weight, then no one would have anything to say about it." It seemed that Niro was capable of doing so, as well, since he had worked to make sure he and his sister were able to get here. "We have a number of coranks, though, and as you progress through the ranks you would be more expected to help out. There is nothing absolutely required of anyone here, though, and that is part of what drew me here. I wanted to be able to live life the way I wanted to, without someone dictating what I could or could not do at any given moment."

<style>
.vigi-letgo1 b {color:#FAFEDB; font-weight:bold; }
.vigi-letgo1 p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.vigi-letgo1 {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#322F21; letter-spacing:.3px; line-height:12px; width:400px; background-color:#887A5A; padding:240px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/vigi.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread