a smile pointed to the sky
I has a plan ;D

He stretched and rolled his shoulders, feeling particularly old, but Hemming's smile did not flicker. Though she teased him, he couldn't exactly disagree - he should be strong, and really, even if she wasn't really offering, he would leap at the opportunity to have a bit of training. The wolf was sure his friend would oblige such a request, and he could offer something in return. "Oh, would you train me? I'm such a weakling!" he exclaimed, and took the leg gratefully. There was something else he had been meaning to ask Ember, too, and before he took a bite he asked it. "And Obi, over there--" he gestured at the black horse romping several meters away, "--he's awful rambunctious, but a good kid. I have a hard time getting any tack on him though. He gets excited and... I guess I'm not strong enough to keep him steady." Hemming grinned and winked, finding that they were back at his original statement.

"And thanks for the rabbit!" he smiled again and nibbled the meat off the bone. His eyes drifted from his friend to the bouncy horse, and he watched. There was a fondness that the wolf felt for his darling Obi, something that might be akin to paternal love. It welled within the male as he watched, a curious and involuntary smile pulling across his lips. Obi's black hair shimmered in the sun, in stark contrast to the sky and the grass. He was not a creature that could be missed as one looked across the horizon - unless, of course, it was dark.

Messages In This Thread