the earth isn’t humming
[html]

300+ words.

The submissive stance she adopted was surprising. In his experience as both the Constable and the King of this pack, Vigilante had found that most who came to their borders did not do so quickly, if at all. It had never been much of a problem, though some specific canines had needed an extra shove to learn their place. This pack had been created as a haven, he knew, and though he had come less than a month after its creation, he understood its purpose. Cour des Miracles had never been meant for the strictness of a normal pack. Still, he was able to appreciate the intention behind the action. He did not think he would ever demand such a thing from anyone, but there could never be any guarantee of that. Vigilante very much appreciated her doing so without him needing to say or do anything, as far as he was aware.

It was obvious that she had come from quite a ways away, as he did not know that any of the packs here raised their members on such strict submission requirements. Even if she was from here, she probably had been been born here. He did not think that any of the packs were very old, and she seemed to be relatively close tol his own age. She was not a yearling, at any rate. When she spoke, he offered her a smile, though he was not certain she could see it with averted eyes. He did not understand some of the specific words she spoke, but he was able to understand the meaning of the words that he suspected were french. His mate spoke the language, and he knew that many did, including their former King.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, Miss Hajara," he said, allowing his emerald gaze to follow where hers lay. With a nod, he confirmed, "Yes. I work with metal and have a room dedicated to it in my home, and though I have been busy as of late, I do try to find time to work some often. Do you know much of the trade?"

<style>
.vigi-foryou b {color:#4E5E86; font-weight:bold; }
.vigi-foryou p {padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; margin:0px 0px 10px 0px; text-indent:25px;}
.vigi-foryou {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#293041; letter-spacing:.1px; line-height:13px; width:375px; background-color:#FFFFFF; padding:10px 0px 180px 0px; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/vigi2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread