Dancing with myself
[html]

"Castor," he returned promptly. He wasn't exactly used to casual conversation, so when he noted the lack of true flow to her words, bothered was the last thing he felt. The fact that she had made an introduction at all when he had merely come across her den due to curiosity was above-and-beyond benevolence. She was the third pack member he had acquainted; therefore, two out of three thus far exhibited the same civilized compassion that she displayed. Evidently, he didn't belong here.

The male was slightly taken aback at her offer, and he knew immediately that he would not accept it. He would not eat her kill. "I appreciate the offer, but I won't eat your kill," he replied, reiterating his own thoughts. To him, it was a simple, yet imperative principle. He had the means and the independence to provide for himself, and he was certainly not about to leech off of another wolf's catch, especially a rabbit which was alright perhaps for one, but for two it was a small morsel. Not to mention that she had mentioned 'us', thus she was already sharing with someone. The yellow-eyed male was even a little uncomfortable with the offer, with such graciousness on her part. Not only had she offered to share her meal but had invited him in. It was the last thing he expected, and so it could do nothing but catch him off guard, and he might have actually preferred that she bitterly question his interruption of that meal.

"I came a little over a month ago." And he had stayed longer than he had thought he might. Perhaps his extensive time outside the territory made up for it. "Didn't expect to stay this long, really." he confessed directly without beating about the bush or refusing to admit it outright. He didn't have a reason to leave yet. He had explicitly told Conri that if he left, there would be an explanation, and as of yet he didn't have one that would be reason enough to argue a departure. Yes, it was probably a good thing, obviously, but the continuous time in one place was beginning to make him itch for something else just as it always did, time after time. There wasn't much else, if anything, but it didn't make him any more satisfied.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread