business in the front, party in the back.
[html]
Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Although the winds were not in his favour, he could spot her picking her way towards him through the low vegetation long before they were in conversational range. His dark ears fell against his head and a low, anticipatory whine sounded from deep in his throat as he scooted just two inches in her direction, his tail already thumping rhythmically against the warm earth. He gazed at her intently with interest, although his features remained strictly casual, if not amicable, and his gaze never lifted to meet her own. Subconscious instinct bade him to take note of the informal atmosphere associated with their meeting, but Barrett was all about first impressions and Maserati had managed to instil a good sense of manners and respect in her boy.

She addressed him and he offered a quick little bow, licking his lips and nudging the kill toward her before he spoke. "Mum... er, Maserati... sends her regards," he started, "'n this as 'n offering, if you'll have me," he concluded with a charming smile and another flop of his tail. He would take no credit for the kill that was obviously his--even in the warm summer sunshine the hare would not have maintained its temperature throughout his lengthy trek. Hopefully, this act of apparent selflessness and deference would earn him brownie points with his mother's old friend and his future leader.

"Savina, right?" he queried, awaiting some kind of confirmation (however vague) before continuing. He didn't know why someone else would show up when he'd requested the Commander's presence alone, and this woman's scent clearly matched one of those prevalent along the border, but it seemed like a good segue into his own introduction if nothing else. "I'm Barrett, and it's nice to finally meet you. If the rest of your territory is as nice as it is up here, I can see why mum wanted me to come stay with you." Another hopeful smile.

<style type="text/css">.barret-de-id {border-bottom:1px dotted #a5884b} .barrett-de b {font-weight:bold; color:#945f02; } .barrett-de-ooc {font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:left; padding:3px 10px; color:#bfa87c} .barrett-de p {text-indent:25px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;} .barrett-de {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#efe7d0; background-image:url(http://zero.sleepyglow.net/barrett/deadend.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #a5884b; padding: 7px 0px 245px 0px; font-family: tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#9a7f4d; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread