business in the front, party in the back.
[html]
► WC 431

Things were running as smooth as silk and despite his conscious efforts at maintaining decorum (with utmost attention given to detail), he found himself slipping further and further into a relaxed state. He could already see why his mother found the dark Italian woman to be good company; she exuded an aura of that tranquil competence he couldn't help but gravitate toward. It was very motherly in nature and despite having just shown up, he was already starting to feel at home. As much as he hated to admit it, his mother had been 100% on the ball on this one; this wasn't a problem in and of itself, though her unwavering good judgement was perplexing to the youth that so often wished to throw caution into the wind and just have things work out anyway. Perhaps he'd found a good balance between the two extremes.

"Yea; she said about the same when I told her I wanted to come see Nova Scotia for myself," he offered sympathetically, although he really had no way of relating to the adult's experience. In his world the days and weeks of summer stretched on into the infinite; he couldn't really conceive of how he'd spend the next few hours, much less the next few months or years. Fortunately, the leader was quick to resolve his dilemma on at least one of those time scales. "I'd like that," he piped up quickly, his gratitude and enthusiasm sincere--what wolf wouldn't be curious about their new home? "And thank you," he added quickly as he rose lightly to his feet with his tail brushing against his ankles.

"Oh; yes... she met dad--um, Cyprus--on the way back," he offered. "Dad never lived here, but my great-great grandpa through him used to live in this area before the fire. Spade Aika," he added, although he didn't guess the name would hold much significance. This history was borderline ancient and more or less beyond the realm of his comprehension anyway; he knew of ancestral names, but not exploits. "I think she had us not long after she got home," he continued, alluding to the fact that he was not the only child Maserati had mothered. Nonetheless, the time lines were awfully quick and condensed--nobody could fault Savina for being surprised. "Anyway, she's doing well. I think she worries, but she felt better after I went to my dad's clan to train. When I got back home, Anselm and his mate had found us; said something about a long-standing conflict coming to an end and that I'd be ok."

<style type="text/css">.barret-de-id {border-bottom:1px dotted #a5884b} .barrett-de b {font-weight:bold; color:#945f02; } .barrett-de-ooc {font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:left; padding:3px 10px; color:#bfa87c} .barrett-de p {text-indent:25px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;} .barrett-de {margin:0 auto; width:420px; background-color:#efe7d0; background-image:url(http://zero.sleepyglow.net/barrett/deadend.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #a5884b; padding: 7px 0px 245px 0px; font-family: tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#9a7f4d; line-height:14px; text-align:justify;}</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread