right where it belongs
[html]
THE THINGS THAT I'VE LOVED
______THE THINGS THAT I'VE LOST

THE THINGS I'VE HELD SACRED
______________THAT I'VE DROPPED

_____ Ahren’s coughed, tried to open his eye but found it wasn’t working. He forced himself to his hands and knees and with one eye open saw Laruku screaming at him. He couldn’t hear initially. Finally, though, he managed to make sense of the words. Deep in his chest the growl started, rising as he kept his head low breathing the smoke in and very aware of the heat all around them. This was no hell. This was a dangerous place to be and this was not how it was going to end. He wasn’t going to let Laruku throw himself away like this. It was too easy. You mean for him to suffer, don’t you?
_____ Maybe. If that’s what it meant to be alive. Ahren reached forward and grabbed Laruku by the throat. “Shut up,” he hissed. Another tree fell in a heap and Ahren looked away, startled. Only then did Laruku’s body give way and fall, landing on his own. Ahren swore and coughed, getting to his feet. He began to drag Laruku away from the edges of the forest, knowing that he would have to carry him. All ready, though, his head was throbbing and his arms were shaking. He coughed again, this time with enough force to bend him over, and wondered vaguely if this was really how it was going to end.

I won't lie no more you can bet
I don't want to learn what I'll need to forget

[/html]

Messages In This Thread