This Heart's On Fire
[html]

3+

Nayru had never posed a problem as a child. Obviously there had been a few issues here and there, but that was how it was supposed to be. He did not scold her for roaming outside beyond his watchful gaze because he knew that she was responsible for her age. The girl was not likely to get herself into trouble, and the young male believed that she deserved to be trusted until the opposite was proved. He had grown so fond of the little girl, but she was not small any longer. She was growing up and Sweetpea and Pumpkin has yet to appear to claim their daughter. The young alpha hoped they never would, for Nayru belonged here with them now.

The girl entered the room yet remained on her feet. The male smiled calmly at her and gesticulated over to the cramped reading section in the corner of the attic. Books were stabled up in towering piles where there was room, and in the middle of it all stood a small couch, almost entirely imprisoned by literature. He sighed lightly as he moved over. There was not enough room in this house any longer. Once he had an own room for his books, but that had become a bedroom when more children moved in. At the moment he was playing with the thought of moving most of his stuff into another building. It would create more room in this home and he would have a peaceful place to retire to when he needed that.

”I understand,” he replied calmly to her words about being unable to sleep. He wondered if her mind was troubled—a classic opponent that kept dreams at bay. ”You’re right, Nayru,” he continued as she spoke the words that needed to be spoken. Was it time for him to let go of her? Would she remain a child in his eyes forever? He did not know these things. ”I just worry because I’m your guardian. I should trust you more.” At least they remained honest with each other. He was grateful for that. Parents and children were known as explosive forces at some point in the children’s lives. Or perhaps that was an issue tied uniquely to the human race. ”Are you alright?” the man asked as he took a seat on the couch. Lavender eyes followed Nayru’s young optime form, a hint of concern present.

Table by Veronica
[/html]

Messages In This Thread