adobe dust & weakened hearts
[html]

eepers i keep switching tables.

Arda attempted to move his leg as he listened to her. A joint popped, sending a shot of pain up his spine. Though it still hurt, it was not as completely useless as it had been when he'd arrived at AniWaya. It had been just a sprain, he thought, but even that was almost too much on an old body. In a few weeks or so, he guessed he would be okay to get around and make himself useful. Maybe he could even travel a bit. The idea excited him more than perhaps it should have. Now that he had come to AniWaya and accepted their hospitality, his days of endless wandering were over. But still, he had seen many a wolf come and go from the village. He supposed the surrounding land was large enough for his explorations.

"A trade. Yes, I think that would be good. I won't be able to make you anything until my strength is back, though. Or I can, but it'll take longer. I work stone, you see, little one. Arrowheads, stone knives, even a javelin. I could make it for you, though I don't see a pretty thing like yourself running around with weapons. Anything that can be made out of rock, I should be able to do. Perhaps a new hoof pick? I don't know."

He thought about what he might make for Liliana. It would be nice to have some sort of job. He still feared his hands might be growing soft from lack of use. Before he began his work, of course, he'd have to find rocks strong enough to use as shaping and scraping tools. If he wished to do this properly, he'd also need to find a bone, an antler of some sort. He almost lost himself in his thought, so intrigued was he by the idea of getting back to work. When he used to wander, it had been his passion. It still was, but then it was different. He passed from pack to pack, loner to loner, selling his services. He even used to whittle wood and attempt to sell that too, though wood was much different than the stone he so loved. Perhaps he could craft her a necklace of some sort as a thank-you gift, he thought.

"I'm alright, thank you. When I need water, I'll make myself get some exercise."

He wagged his tail slightly, thinking about water. He would have liked some, yes. But he did need to start moving that leg more, before it wasted away completely. Arda could not bear to ask any more of this kind woman.

<style type="text/css">
.oldgoat b {font-weight:bold; color:#4EE35F; letter-spacing:1px; }
.oldgoat .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#FFFFFF}
.oldgoat p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.oldgoat {margin:0 auto; width:371px; background-color:#485446; background-image:url(http://i33.tinypic.com/2a6qkc7.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 370px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread