Sheep in Wolf's Clothing
[html]

Sorry this took a while! Just got back from the cottage... ^^;
Wc: 323

Ghita was grateful to share a smile with her son, as well as the night that quickly enveloped them in it's velvety tendrils. As Aro and Sophia were growing up so quickly, it seemed as if they were here beside her one moment and then gone the next. Especially with her knee preventing her from romping with her own puppies, she felt as if she were missing vital points of her childrens' lives. That was why her grin grew even wider upon hearing her son's voice claim to protect them. "I know, Aro. Those scary monsters are no match for you!"

She wouldn't lie about it, her grin faltered a little bit at hearing her son's next words. It was no secret that Aro idolized his father - and with good reason - but she felt even more as if she was losing her son. There was no jealousy towards her mate over this, but still, a pang of guilt and hurt plagued her under her unruffled pelt. "I don't know, you'll have to ask him yourself." She said, with a little less enthusiasm than before.

The fae had forgotten this age, since the summers had long since flown by, carrying her youth away. She'd forgotten the age of impossible questions masking the wisdom that youth held. Smiling with a hint of sadness at the corner of her lips, she massaged her knee gently, not knowing if it really helped or just seemed to. "I don't know why, Aro. Perhaps it's because the prey goes to sleep as well? Although, the night has it's own gifts to offer, just like the day." At first, she watched her son, hoping to draw him in with her words, but they died as she saw his gaze turned towards the skies.

"You like the night sky, is that right, Aro? If you want, we could sit a while and watch it. I'm sure Dad won't mind."

<style type="text/css">
.Ghita01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#565659; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Ghita01ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#99999a; text-align:center;}
.Ghita01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Ghita01 {margin:0 auto; width:366px; background-color:#eaeaea; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ghita1.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #99999a; padding: 180px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#99999a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:1px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread