the ocean breathes salty
[html]
Wrap this up? (: I think we'll be having another thread shortly.

It was pretty shocking that there was something in the world that Ari knew more about than the average child, which created a pretty strange glow in his heart. It was not pride, no — just more the sense that he was, in mind, catching up to the rest of the world after his life-long delay. Or something like that. He wove quickly between the towering trees, dodging into clearings and away from the swaying trunks. The mountains ahead loomed closer with each step, but fear was omnipresent in his mind at all times. He did not enjoy thunderstorms — at home, he usually refined himself to his room until they were over with. They were, he imagined, ten minutes away from the shelter of the rocks. Ten minutes dodging fate and what he imagined were angry spirits.

He chuckled coldly at Beppe's question, fragments of memories flooding back into his mind. My mother was the self-proclaimed master of all spiritual means in my old pack. She taught me everything, he said, though he didn't say why he saw less and less reason to place all trust in his mother's teachings. She had, after all, foresaw a terrible curse on him and had tried to kill him. Swallowing heavily, he continued racing along whilst making sure Beppe was at his side. Eventually, he came across a stack of granite and stone at the foot of the towering mountains he had seen. Finding it as a suitable shelter until the storm had made its way across, he dodged inside, breathing heavily.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread