Just that Naive
[html]

It's cute! Big Grin 300+

The explanation he received was very succinct and well-rehearsed. It appeared that he wasn't the first person that Niro had had to explain the practice to. It was quite interesting though. The idea of trying to use the bird of prey to help their own hunting would have never occurred to him. The creatures that took to the sky always seemed unreachable to him. Things that could never be tamed or convinced to work with the lowly beasts stuck on the ground. Vaguely he remembered the bluebird that had given his mother companionship for a while in his youth, but that had been fleeting. The fact that Niro had both the raptors and was to some extent successfully training them was an awing feat. "That's pretty smart, I never would have imagined anything like that could be done. They must be much harder to train than a horse is." At that comment Drogon snorted, his ears flicked back and his tail swished agitatedly. Haven quickly ran a soothing hand down the stallions neck. "That was meant as no offense to you." Times like these, the man wasn't so sure the horse couldn't understand his words.

Haven had guessed that the birds must have been captured in some sort of trap, and his packmate confirmed that at least for the larger bird. The thought of the hawk fighting against being caged nearly made him wince; that surely hadn't been a very pleasant process for anyone. The way Niro had gotten the other one though was a bit more interesting. His jade eyes followed as the cliff where the nest was was pointed out to him. Going down that precipace to snatch an egg would be dangerous without a doubt. Niro could have easily fell to his doom if anything had gone wrong. "That's quite interesting, on both counts. So how did you care for the egg? Was it difficult?" Haven wouldn't have the slightest clue what to do with an egg to make sure that it hatched and was healthy. Certainly the mohawked male had done his research though. If the humans had done similar things there would be information on it in their books.

For all the questions he had been asking, now they were turned on him. Haven, like Niro, couldn't help but be a bit prideful for his job that he had taken up in the name of the pack. "I'm the pack's Knight, so I make sure that everyone is kept safe. I patrol the borders everyday at least once a day, and then I do a lot of training with my sword. Thankfully there haven't been many incidents, but I need to be ready whenever there is one." The Aatte didn't go out looking for fights, but if he wasn't capable then the pack and its members would be vulnerable.

<style type="text/css">
.havenhorsesunset b {font-weight:bold; color:#D4983A; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.havenhorsesunset-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.havenhorsesunset p {text-indent:20px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.havenhorsesunset {margin:0 auto; width:407px; background-color:#3B0807; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... sunset.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #994217; padding: 112px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#8F3815; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread