with you, i am home
[html]

Table by Draggar ♥.

Pripyat seemed unsure of their surroundings, but that was not at all surprising. Was he comparing their current surroundings with Raven Beacon? Sometimes she wished that there was a window into her son's mind. Although Geneva did not know the whole contents of her son's thoughts, she knew that whatever he lacked in enthusiasm, he made up for with his conviction of character. He wasn't growing in leaps in bounds when she considered the fact that she spent every day with him, but there were little things that indicated the kind of adult he might become. Geneva was immensely proud of her blue-eyed boy. She always found herself surprised by and proud of the depth of his warmth and courage.

The first steps they took toward the wooden porch seemed to be the first steps toward the integration with the entire pack. There would be no retreating after this. Pripyat would cease to be her best and dearest secret from the world. There was a part of her that did not want to let go of that, but she would not be selfish. Pripyat would have the best, healthiest life possible with the most opportunities possible. Although she loved him more than life, more than any other creature on God's green earth, she knew that she would not be able to give him everything he needed throughout his lifetime. There would be a time, no matter how far off, when their relationship would need to evolve and change with his changing needs and desires, and Geneva wanted to be ready for that.

After she mounted the few steps, she turned to her boy and spoke to him. "Here is where the pack meetings usually take place. Generally, the leaders and other high ranking wolves will sit here on the porch, and the other members will gather around to listen and to talk in turn." Geneva wanted to give Pripyat a glimpse into what pack life might mean for the two of them. Her lime green eyes were slightly sad as she spoke to him again, but she turned her face from him and murmured, "I think that the fact that we are coming to live here might surprise your father, but I am hoping that it will make him...happy." She smiled thinly and looked back down at him. "I want you to be happy too, Pripyat. You are the most important thing in the world to me. If you aren't happy here, you'll let me know, won't you?""

<style type="text/css">
.orangelily b {font-weight:bold; color:#FFFF00; letter-spacing:1px; }
.orangelily i {color:#CC0000; letter-spacing:1px; }
.orangelily .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#FFFFFF}
.orangelily p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.orangelily {margin:0 auto; width:376px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i34.tinypic.com/30uzhuv.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 5px 0px 349px 0px; font-family: optima; font-size:12px; color:#FF6600; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread