An Old Man's Quest: Part 2
[html]

No problem! Ghita'll make up for that
Wc: 537

"Etiam sit amet lacus sem, vitae dignissim massa."

The fae was certain that she had no idea about Marcus' many adventures, but at least she had something better than nothing - an idea, a name, an identity. And if Marcus, the Musketeer, could continue on his marvelous adventures, if the one he had shared was any indication of his past, then why couldn't Ghita the Huntress carry on hers? The two were worlds apart, the fae's world more simplistic and easier, less complicated than the Congregatio seemed, but the basis was the same. Both canines needed to overcome their own physical challenges to carry on.

And what better way to relieve the past's hold on you than sharing the battle scars? Laughing a little at Marcus' reference, it was almost the same chuckle that damp wood would give to a fire; maybe a few sparks, perhaps it would catch briefly in a particularly dry spot, but it soon sputtered out, her darker past wetting the wood until she shared her burden for a moment. "It mostly involves people you don't know - but will soon meet, no doubt. All members of this very pack, taking place not too long ago at all." As she spoke, the ivory-tipped hand lay on top of the damaged knee, a constant reminder of the price she'd paid for Cambria's life.

"We used to have a barn here, a few months back, but it was rebuilt into Tallermein's Cottage. Before that, it was called Old Red, because of it's age and colour, obviously." The fae obviously wasn't as good of a storyteller as Marcus was, but still she tried, starting from the obvious beginning. "Two of the younger packmates, Cambria, my niece - Savina's daughter, and Mati, Anu's daughter, went exploring there one day. All was fine, just until Old Red sang it's Swan Song, and began to collapse on the pair."

In her own mind, she was reliving the terror of that day, seeing Mati's pelt fly as she ran out of the barn, searching for help in the form of any wolf available. And Ghita had been one of those wolves, charging in as fast as they could. "Ehno, you've met him, and I heard Mati, who'd gotten out alright, call for help - but Cambria was still stuck inside. Kansas, Cambria's father and Savina's mate, also heard, along with Anu and Jazper, my mate. But I arrived first, Ehno just behind me. It would've been dangerous for us all to go in, so Ehno and I went inside to save our niece."

"But I never made it that far. The last thing I remember was Cambria's response, and hearing her cry out, and then a large crash around me." Her face darkened, almost as if the timber had fallen on top of her once more. "I was told later that Jazper dug me out - part of the barn had collapsed on me. Ehno rescued Cambria, though, and everyone else was unharmed." As her story reached it's dismal conclusion, ebony claws began to dig into her walking stick, etching designs into it absentmindedly. "I've been using the cane ever since to move around. A healer from another pack, AniWaya, figures the bone was shattered and the knee bent back."

<style type="text/css">
.ghitajulygift01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#8c99a5; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ghitajulygift01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1d364c; text-align:center;}
.ghitajulygift01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.ghitajulygift01 {margin:0 auto; width:381px; background-color:#e2d3c4; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... uly01a.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #f0e7df; padding: 190px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1d364c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.ghitajulygift01-border1 {width:383px; border:1px solid #0b151e; margin:0 auto;}
.ghitajulygift01-line1 {width:357px; border-bottom:1px dotted #baada2; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread