Woe of a wolf
[html]

WC 500+ . . . WotD: Couchant - Lying down; crouching; reclining

While Niro explained why he could not find her, her expression slowly morphed from indignation to understanding. The white ears, now off-colored and in need of a good scrub, swiveled back as her mouth rounded. Orin rarely required words to communicate, her face and body being animated enough, though she was sure happy to have words at her disposal, too. She stared ahead a moment, then turned her eyes back to her couchant brother and her fingers returned to his hackles. She gently worked her fingers through the fur and scratched at the place on the back of the neck that was so hard for a wolf to reach.

“I didn’t think about it that way. Sorry. . .” She hummed without melody while she tallied up the days. “I was gone longer than I thought. One thing just led to another and I kept wandering farther and farther. There’s so many fantastic things to see and study out here. I don’t even feel like I covered a quarter of it.” Her concerned expression became a warm smile. “It’s good to see you, too. I want to go again, but you should come with me. I think you’ll like it. Roughing it, it’s your style.”

She noted Niro’s failed try at a smile and retorted by digging her fingers in a little deeper and really scratching that spot good, without making jerky or harsh motions. She didn’t want to jostle him if he was in pain, but she didn’t know a wolf alive who didn’t appreciate a good scratch between the shoulders. It was her assumption that his melancholy was simply due to his injuries. Yet there was more, more of which Niro was happy to relieve himself of and share with Orin. She was silent as he told her what had happened, what he had done, and she studiously kept her eyes forward staring at nothing in the Chien garden. For a couple beats more she was quiet and motionless, letting his last words hang and digest. . .

Then she giggled. And away flew the new, mature Orin.

A hand flew up to her mouth trying to cover the snicker before it bloomed, but her efforts were in vain. It wasn’t a raucous laughter, nor did she try to mock him, but it was a giggle that was more befitting of an awkward preteen. Her eyes shot to Niro and no amount of effort could control her Cheshire-grin.

“You did it?! With Liliya?” Amusement peppered her every word and she squirmed under the uncomfortable thrill of the news. Well, Niro was always the first to partake on the more corporeal adventures. Orin herself was still as innocent as the day they were born – though Niro was largely to thank for this, having rescued her from some less-than-savory men more than once back in Florida. She leaned in as though a conspirator in a masterful plot, grinning, and asked, “how was it?” The question, though, was sorely placed for he already explained that something had gone wrong.

“So, why do you think you scared her off? And what about this stranger? What do you think you did? Who was it?”

<style type="text/css">
.character-orin-blossom b {font-weight:bold; color:#F7FF00; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-orin-blossom .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:Arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color: #ffffff}
.character-orin-blossom p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color:#ffffff; front-family: Georgia;}
.character-orin-blossom {margin:0 auto; width:525px; background-color:#B4BE7F; background-image:url(http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/1151/orintableu.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 295px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
.character-orin-blossom .separator{width:500px; border-bottom:1px dotted #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto 15px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread