duty without pain
[html]
That's okay by me! Big Grin I'm having a lot of fun with this thread.

The girl was lithe, and he had no doubt her words were true. With her tiny paws and quiet voice he would not have been surprised if she was able to be silent in the forest. It was for this reason that he said nothing as she explained herself. To another, it might have sounded like bragging. So too often did children gloat of their small exploits, but adults were twice as bad because they were supposed to know better. Even if she did not, he would not have scolded her. If she could do then she would not be lying.

Perhaps she lacked that basic instinct he believed all predators had. Perhaps something was wrong in her that prevented that from occurring. Yet as the wolf looked into those bright eyes, he doubted this was the case. Whatever else the girl was, she could be a killer. All children could be taught to kill. They were moldable little things, and he now understood why it was Misery had wished for him to have children. “Let’s find a rabbit,” he said, sparing a glance to the dead thing at his feet. A mouse would be easier, or a vole. But a rabbit would do what neither of these things could.

A rabbit would scream.

<style>
.larkspur-b02 p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.larkspur-b02 b {color:#C96812; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; font-weight:normal;}
.larkspur-b02-text {margin:0px 8px 24px 176px; padding:2px; width:262px; }
.larkspur-b02 {width:450px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... arksie.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#4E4844; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000; min-height:293px;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread