looking for help
[html]

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The wolf confirmed Bindu's question, but she was still a little wary of the lukewarm water. The two-leg water. Simple pictures played behind her eyelids; a swirling purple pond, poison, snakes ... carefully, the teen placed her damp foreleg in the water and shifted her meager weight on it. This water helped, it was okay, no snakes no bad things (two-leg water don't trust). This water was okay. It helped, because the nice wolf said so- the wolf with the soft voice. Down, down, down her good paw dropped through the water, until finally resting on a smooth and flat bottom. When the mild water had stretched up to the wolfdog's elbow or so, her bad paw followed suit and entered the water as well.

It wasn't too bad, the teen noted. Already she felt a little better, a little calmer. Soothing warmth crept into her toes and up to her elbow. Some little aches and pains were dulling quickly. Although this water didn't move and was warm and in a big cup, Bindu thought she kind of liked it (don't like two-leg water ick).

The rest of Bindu's body was just climbing into the basin when the wolf murmured, "I'm Geneva. What is your name?" The girl's dark eyes widened. Name! She knew what a name was, she knew and remembered. Her rag-like tail wag as she echoed, "Gen-ay-va." It was a nice name like the wolf's nice voice. Nice nice nice.

Before the hybrid had a chance to think about her own name, something inside of her blurted out, "Bindu's my-name." An odd sensation grew between her eyes. Bin-du. The word felt comfortable, but alien at the same time. The teen knew that it was her name, but she felt weird when it was out in the air like that, just kind of floating. Like a head without a body- floating. Bindu looked at Geneva, her eyes confused. Bindu ... somehow, every time she repeated the word in her brain, it came out as a question. Bindu? Bindu?

Her bandana was getting wet. Its lower half floated in the water, and a dark stain was melting upwards like a slug. Such a cherished possession, now dirty and ripped and wet. A neglected pet. The wolfdog glanced down at the red splotch on her chest and then back to Geneva. The two-leg was saying something about help- let me help you, let me. Help. You. How silly of this nice wolf to say that! Bindu swayed in the water. Waves came out from her bedraggled body, and she stared at the wolf dumbly. "What," she snapped, a little more harshly than intended. What a stupid thing to say- let me help you. Wasn't she already helping (bad water, no help its bad water)? Bindu was puzzled, but her blackish eyes gazed at the two-leg quietly and said no more. Wolf packs helped, right (no, black wolf no help shout shout ow)?

<style type="text/css">
.bindu b {font-weight:bold; color:#534F45; letter-spacing:1px; }
.bindu i {font-style:italic; color:#534F45;}
.bindu .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; text-align:center;}
.bindu p {text-indent:15px; padding:0px 10px; margin:0px;}
.bindu {margin:0 auto; width:449px; background-color:#ADA492; background-image:url(http://i36.tinypic.com/1e6rh4.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #534F45; padding: 10px 0px 170px 0px; font-family:tahoma; font-size:10px; color:#FFF8CB; line-height:11px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread