And I Will Start My Own Religion
300+
[html]

=\

Anann frowned. Her words had been a bit harsh, far harsher than she had intended them to be. Mentally she cursed herself for her carelessness with her words as everything about the male's posture went submissive. The silence continued to stretch between them until he tried to speak, his sentences all trailing off. A confused look crossing her features as he said his name was Mars. Had he not said Bartholomew before? She nodded, "Mars, it is then."

After a moment, his voice seemed to become calmer as he offered an explanation. The tinted shades were removed from his eyes, finally opening some sort of glimpse behind the curtain he seemed to keep wrapped around himself. It would seem it was defensive strategy rather than one of hidden aggression, though Anann was reluctant to pull down her guard completely. "I did not mean to sound so harsh. I'm no so much as offended as I don't want you to think that you have to pretend to be something your not around here. This is quite the band of misfits you've joined here and as such we are pretty tolerant bunch." Her tone was light and comforting, so she hoped. "And as far as the messy house, we all had to start somewhere. I shared a stall with my horse, until I was able to build my home. Believe me, it was far from glamorous." His eyes told of nervousness and while his smile seemed a bit more genuine she found it herself unable to trust it.

While Anann knew it would be impossible to completely erase the impressions that had already set upon one another, she had never wished more for a fresh start. An unsure smile crossed her lips as she offered forth the idea. "I think we need a fresh start, over tea perhaps?"

<style type="text/css">

.ananngitz01a b {font-weight:bold; color:#cccccc; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ananngitz01a-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#232323; text-align:left;}
.ananngitz01a p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.ananngitz01a {margin:0 auto; width:417px; background-color:#0f1012; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... evra01.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #cccccc; padding: 240px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#272727; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.ananngitz01a-border1 {width:419px; border:1px solid #2d2921; margin:0 auto;}
.ananngitz01a-line1 {width:387px; border-bottom:1px dotted #1a1a1a; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread