and my world falls down
[html]

Her soft blue eyes had never witnessed such a horrific sight as the wall of pikes and skulls. The only dead bodies she had ever seen were the bodies of her parents at their funeral. The remembrance of that choked her up, and it took all of her self control to not begin crying again. She had already spent much time in mourning, but such a great loss was not easily left behind. Here she seemed to feel it even more acutely, being so far away from everything that was familiar. The girl hadn't been able to bring too much with her, just the things that she couldn't possibly bear to leave behind. Though by far her most treasured thing was the drawing of her mother and father. She would give everything else she possessed up before letting that slip from her grasp. It was all she had left of them, aside from her memories and her love. As she repacked her bag at the edge of the stream, she carefully rolled the paper up and tucked it delicately inside. Hopefully it would be fine until she could find a suitable replacement frame.

Layla humbly dismissed the thanks that was given to her for her help. It was true, it may not seem like much, but to Tsukiko it meant a great deal. She knew nothing of these lands, and this woman could have easily passed her by and left her to frightfully stumble about without a clue. She hadn't needed to stop, but she had, and the Shimazu fey could not be ungrateful for even such small kindnesses. "Perhaps not, but it is much appreciated. I am ignorant of this place, and know no one here. All I have is Setsuna, and my small belongings." Layla hadn't asked for this information, but she felt the need to explain her situation, however abridged and brief. She wanted the other woman to see how much her help meant to her. "The pleasure is ours," she said, bowing her head once again. Setsuna followed suit, feeling much more at east now in the other canine's presence. If she had wanted to do them harm, she could have easily done so earlier.

Tsukiko listened carefully to Layla's attempted explanation at the heinous thing they had both seen. So perhaps it was not this Inferni place that had done the horrible thing. Still, it was frightening to think that there were individuals around here capable of something like that. In Japan, on the family estates, she had been well protected and had never feared attack. The samurai of the clan were strong, and would do anything to protect her and her family. They leagues away now though, and it was only now that the true danger of her lonely situation became gruesomely apparent to her. "I cannot understand such atrocities. Never before have I even heard of anything so horrible." It was the stuff of nightmares and it was now made reality before her very eyes. It was a dark subject, and Tsukiko was glad to leave it behind, especially at Layla's expression when asked of her home. They had towns in her pack? That was a promising prospect to the civilized fey. She was eager to latch onto the offer that was quickly made. "That would be very nice, to see your home. It is no trouble?" With all her heart she hoped it wouldn't be a problem and part of her wished to have not asked that at all, but as usual her polite nature couldn't help but be made apparent.

<style type="text/css">
.fujimoon b {font-weight:bold; color:#A4B3EB; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.fujimoon-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.fujimoon p {text-indent:10px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.fujimoon {margin:0 auto; width:447px; background-color:#C6C9EA; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... jimoon.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EDEBF5; padding: 10px 0px 330px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#E7E7F2; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread