[j] chapter three
[html]

It didn't take long for the call to be answered, and although she was dreading the meeting slightly when she realized the one to greet her would be a male, his overtly friendly demeanor soothed her nerves for the time being. Patting Clover twice on the head (which he seemed none to pleased about), Peanut turned to the Chief who had extended a hand in greeting. She took it, shook once, and drew her arm back to herself. It was hard for her to not be terribly awkward, and she hoped that she wasn’t making a bad impression the first time around.

"I am Fennel Calendula, though others tend to call me Peanut." It was a little bit goofy, but she didn't think she would ever rid herself of that nickname. "That's Clover. I hope he will not be a problem, as I wish to seek a home in AniWaya." Her voice was soft, but audible. She knew that coming across as weak would probably not bode well for her here or anywhere else. The various feathers and beads she had noticed right away, and wondered why he chose to wear them. Perhaps for the same reason she chose to carry around the jade stone her mother had given her—sentimental value.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread