Life's a moving target.
[html]

Wow, Savi stream of consciousness ramble XD 500+

She had always viewed children as such fragile things that couldn't take much before they would begin to break. Now that she thought of things though, perhaps they were so breakable as the mother feared. The litter Anu had raised with Naniko had certainly gone through more than their fair share of frightening truths and events. She couldn't say how Salem and Brooklyn fared, but both Haven and Mati had persevered. They both held respected positions in their packs and both were in strong, committed relationships. They easily could have fallen victim to the circumstances surrounding their birth and the fall of their birth mother, but they hadn't. They had risen above, and Savina couldn't help but to think that was at least in some way Anu's doing. For her, and her siblings, they too had had to deal with harsh truths growing up and disdainful treatment from their pack. Yet they too had all grown up into well functioning adults and she knew that none of them could have done so without the love and support of their mother. The parent-child relationship was lots of give and take, and she felt that each side relied heavily upon the other.

It was easier to see when things weren't right when one was so busy. Not only was it their duty to lead the pack and keep it in order, but they both had a trio of young pups to look after and raise. Neither of them were alone in that task, but it was still a full-time job that was made even harder when they were out and not with you all of the time any longer. Plus their girls had kept things pretty quiet, making it all the easier for them to inadvertently pass over the little signs in their minds. Still, when you looked back even those subtle hints made the picture clear as day. The Italian fey didn't really know what else to say on the matter at the moment though, and so only continued to smile warmly at her friend. It was good that the two were here, in Crimson Dreams. Here they would never have to worry about being ridiculed and looked down upon for their choice. Everyone here was more open-minded than to think that way.

"I see. Perhaps I will have to ask him to make me some of it sometime. I sounds pleasant." The only thing she had ever had to drink besides water was the wine that she had Kansas had shared on their little romantic escape those months ago. Her palate usually did not have any desire for anything else, but she was intrigued by the sound of this tea stuff. If Anu had enjoyed it, she had a feeling she would as well.

Savina had often wondered who was the father of her best friend's boys. It had been shocking news to discover for as far as she knew Anu had no interest in the male sex beyond that of friendship, and yet she had clearly given herself willingly to whomever it was that had sired the trio of pups. Curious as she was about the circumstances of their parentage, she didn't think she would ever come out and ask Anu about it. Really, it wasn't any of her business, and if the tawny woman wished to share his identity then she would without prying. The raven woman was more interested in respecting Anu's wishes and privacy than finding out about her romantic tryst.

She was glad to see that her friend wasn't too worried about the male influences in her sons' lives. "Good. Yes, I'm sure he will. He must be excited to have three new little brothers!" She knew that Cambria had been excited to become a big sister. Foolish as the wish Anu gave voice to was, it was one that every good parent held deep in their heart. They would move the Earth for their children if they could. "We all want that for our babies," she said with sympathy and understanding. How could you want anything less? Savi laughed lightly at her friend's last comment. "That's something I need to work on too. I was always exhausted when the pups were young, but now that they're not around as much I feel the desire to follow them around. It can be hard to make myself stay behind." It was a mother's job to want to baby and protect her pups, they could only do so much to help it.

<style type="text/css">
.savinseashells001 b {font-weight:bold; color:#ce9785; letter-spacing:1px; }
.savinseashells001-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6c4a4c; text-align:center;}
.savinseashells001 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.savinseashells001 {margin:0 auto; width:366px; background-color:#fff4f2; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ty01-1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #fcf9f9; padding: 100px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#6c4a4c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.savinseashells001-border1 {width:368px; border:1px solid #312424; margin:0 auto;}
.savinseashells001-line1 {width:345px; border-bottom:1px dotted #e5b39d; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread