There is Life in every breath
[html]

No worries! <3 500+

Even though it did not take long for her knocking to be answered, the moments seemed to drag on painfully, and the footsteps coming towards her sounded like a giant's that shook the Earth. The girl swallowed nervously, never would she have expected to be in this position, asking for leave to live somewhere. It had certainly not been what her lot in life had been intended to be. She was the daughter of a noble family, meant to help rule the lands of her family and dictate what occurred there. Tsukiko had been transformed from prince to pauper nearly overnight, and more shocking still was it was a choice she had made for herself. The ramifications of it were just now hitting her though, as she stood outside the door of the man who was decide whether or not she could stay in Dahlia de Mai.

The door opened, and revealed a multi-hued golden man who was not nearly so old as she would have expected. Older than her, for certain, but not what she would have imagined the leader of this place to be aged. It seemed the customs here were completely different than those in her native land. His face initially showed surprise, and her hands clutched tightly together in front of her, her face flushing with nerves and embarrassment. The Japanese femme guessed she couldn't blame him for looking at her that way, surely he had never seen anyone quite like her. The closest trade town was far away from here and she doubted any others from Japan had been here. Soon his surprise morphed into a pleasant smile though, and she didn't feel quite so odd as she had in the moments before. Her nerves still buzzed though, for treading on such unfamiliar territory, in every meaning of the word. After he spoke initially she bowed her head respectfully. "G-Greetings, Conor-sama, leader of this territory." At least she hoped that this was Conor. It would be horribly embarrassing if she had just addressed the wrong person.

"My name is Tsukiko Shimazu. I was invited into your lands yesterday by Layla-san. She was very kind to me, for I had just arrived here, and was lost." The Shimazu fey had figured that she had better explain her presence here. It would probably have been rude to be here if she had not been invited in by someone. She took a breath and continued, the English words still strange for her tongue to form. "I have come here from far away, a place called Japan. I could no longer stay in my home, and came to these lands to seek refuge. I wish to stay here, in Dahlia de Mai, if you will allow me to." It was a very short, very abridged version of her predicament, but she felt it wouldn't be proper to go into the whole story at this very moment. If Conor wished to hear it all though, she would tell it to him. Cautiously, her cerulean eyes rose to his face, hoping to see some clues as to what he thought.

<style type="text/css"> .tsu b {font-weight:bold; color:#fdc514; letter-spacing:1px; } .tsu .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#4a2711; padding-top:10px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .tsu p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #af772e} .tsu {margin:0 auto; width:510px; background-color:#f18a2d; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... sukiko.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 300px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread